cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO MAKE INTERNATIONAL CALLS TO OMAN

rowena22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to make an international call to Oman, but haven't been able to. I also recharged my phone number with $15 international roaming credit, but when I call it says that talk feature is not enabled.

This call is urgent..I need to make the call to my Bank in Oman and wish I could be helped as soon as possible please.

Kindly let me know how to proceed further to make international calls.

5 REPLIES 5

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As others said, you cannot use Public Mobile to call Oman. You will have to find alternate way like using Calling Cards, or if you have apps like Viber or Skype.. I'm sure there are many ways to call it, just not using PM. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@rowena22 

Try dialcheap, you can use it as a calling card with dial in number, you can use it with their app or use the app that's called MobileVOIP you can also have phone2phone conversations where both you and the destination receive the call but they will charge per minute for both calls. Other than phone 2 phone there is no connection free. Calls to landlines in oman are 7 us cents per minute, your balance doesn't expire either

@rowena22 

If the $15 international calling add on is of no use to you....you can contact the moderators and explain you made an honest mistake when purchasing it thinking you were able to use it to call Oman. If you ask kindly they will likely remove it and credit your account the $15.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rowena22 wrote:

I want to make an international call to Oman, but haven't been able to. I also recharged my phone number with $15 international roaming credit, but when I call it says that talk feature is not enabled.

This call is urgent..I need to make the call to my Bank in Oman and wish I could be helped as soon as possible please.

Kindly let me know how to proceed further to make international calls.

Hello @rowena22 ,

Intl long distance Add-On included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela.

Calls must originate from Canada.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rowena22 

Oman is not included on the list of countries you are able to call with any of the international calling add ons offered by public mobile. You will have to look at a calling app or purchasing a calling card that has calling to Oman included.

Need Help? Let's chat.