cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. add on

faschmatta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased the 3 prong u.s. add on. It shows up in my usage a having 11 of 15 days left. However it does not show that I’ve used any data. How can I be sure the plan is activated and working properly? 

8 REPLIES 8

@faschmatta wrote:

That’s what I was hoping. Previous provider was notorious for charging roaming charges without warning just because I worked near the u.s. border. So I just wanted a way to confirm my plan had kicked in. Thanks.

You will never be billed at a later date for "data overages" or anything else. PM is a total pre-paid service...meaning if you don't pay ahead of time, you don't get the service. I've had roaming enabled on my phone since 2017 without any fear of extra billing when traveling anywhere in Canada or US. If you happen to be going to US without an add-on (or Canada / US plan), you'll likely receive sms messages, you just won't be able to respond. My point is...don't worry about being charged later on...it doesn't happen with Public Mobile.

HI @faschmatta 

PM is prepaid carrier and you need to buy before you use

just because you work close to US border, you won't get charged roaming because you need to buy roaming addon before you can use it.  Also a way to avoid your phone uses the US network while you are still in Canada is to change the network connect to manual and choose Public Mobile

but you did buy US roaming this time, did you go US and use the data?  if you did and the data not showing, did you try using Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser as I suggested above to confirm the usage is updated?

faschmatta

That’s what I was hoping. Previous provider was notorious for charging roaming charges without warning just because I worked near the u.s. border. So I just wanted a way to confirm my plan had kicked in. Thanks.

faschmatta

Purchased 4 Days ago,. That’s why I am concerned. 

@faschmatta Are you able to make calls text and use data ? If so then I would assume all is well and you have 11 days left to use it 

faschmatta

I purchased it 4 days ago. That’s why I am concerned that no usage has been recorded. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@faschmatta 

for data use in USA, make sure you have Roaming Data enabled in settings. When in US, you should be connected to either of T-Mobile or AT&T, whichever works best for you.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @faschmatta 

you just got it today?? it shouldnt show 11 of 15 left

maybe just browser cache, please use Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser to login My Account to confirm again

If same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.