cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Roaming Package Not Working

Massoud16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a U.S. Roaming package while in the states and it is not working. I have both my roaming and data turned on but I can not send text messages or call. When I attempt to send a text message, I get the message "Sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US. Incoming texts are included". I have checked my account and the service has been added and paid for (I have the receipt). If this does not work, can I get a refund?

10 REPLIES 10

Mik2

i did all this yesterday and talk would not work. Public should know this and stop offering the add on.

Mik2

Then Public should stop offering it!! i was in a bind and i added it yetsreday and was stuck. paid for a service they cant provide and the service ticket function does nit work. is Telus trying to Sabotage Public Mobile??

@Massoud16 Public Mobile does not have a call center.  This community is a platform for customers to help customers.  If you need account related support then use the chatbot link to initiate a support ticket.  Have you tried searching for mobile networks manually to see if you can connect to either AT&T or T-Mobile?  For data, make sure that you have not disabled roaming data.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Mitma wrote:

Money Grab! Paid for US roaming and data twice, for my wife and I last weekend. Received confirmation, they got the money and we got NO phone service in the States. This should not be complicated! Cannot find a service number, just this community. Should we change carriers?

Log in into your account and confirm you have US add-on on your account. When you are in US, try to manually connect to AT&T or T-mobile. Assuming you did follow 2-step add-on purchase...

Due to closing down 3G in US, service with US add-on could be (very) spotty.

Mitma

Money Grab! Paid for US roaming and data twice, for my wife and I last weekend. Received confirmation, they got the money and we got NO phone service in the States. This should not be complicated! Cannot find a service number, just this community. Should we change carriers?

@Timer wrote:

@Massoud16 

manually select network to AT&T or T-mobile. and rebooting device.. and you are now in U.S right.

@Timer-

@Massoud16 wrote:

I just bought a U.S. Roaming package while in the states and it is not working.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Massoud16 

manually select network to AT&T or T-mobile. and rebooting device.. and you are now in U.S right.Edit: @dust2dust i fix it.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Be aware that talk will be very troublesome. Manually search for and find T-Mobile and connect to it. They offer a 2G option as long as your phone can also use it. But even then coverage may be spotty. Text and data should be fine on either AT&T or T-Mobile but you need to connect to them.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Massoud16    Using the talk add-on has become a problem since US carriers have mostly decommissioned their 3G networks, although it's been suggested to try using 2G network and to select T-Mobile on your phone if possible. 

edit:  @Meow  BTW, since the roll out of the new self serve account, there's no longer a two step process to buying add-ons.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you have followed 2-step for purchase of US-add on and can see it on your account then:

When you are in US, try to manually connect to AT&T or T-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.