cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. 10 day add on

hyatt275
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

f I buy a U.S. 10 day add on and come back to canada after 6 days, will my phone still work in Canada? Or do I need to wait a full 10 days before my phone will be able to work in Canada again?

9 REPLIES 9

@t_p wrote:

@hyatt275 wrote:

f I buy a U.S. 10 day add on and come back to canada after 6 days, will my phone still work in Canada? Or do I need to wait a full 10 days before my phone will be able to work in Canada again?

@hyatt275 

Just turn off the roaming and the phone will work as usual.

On most phones, there is no specific roaming setting. The setting that most people will see only relates to data roaming. As others have said, even if this is left on, it will not affect someone's service while in Canada.  I do realize that there is a specifc network selection setting, but that isn't specifically labelled as a roaming setting within the phone's software.  As for the previous issue of incoming text messages not working after returning to Canada for 24 hours after a roaming add-on's expiry and needing to get a moderator (now CSA) to manually remove the add-on to get incoming text messaging to work, that issue was fixed some time ago and is no longer necesssary.

@Anonymous...kinda confusing again. Customer obviously know how to add the add-on....just wanted to know what happens when he gets home earlier than 10 day.

Please don't take offence...just sayin'. 🙄

edit...but I reckon more info is good too, eh.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hyatt275 

when you come back to canada is will working fine,no need to do anything.

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, when you visit US and then Purchase it,

how To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No need to do anything, phone will continue to work in Canada as soon as it connects to Telus network. This is just addition to your current service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 : One doesn't even need to turn off data roaming due to there being no extra charges around here. So just leave it on anyway.

@t_p wrote:

@hyatt275 wrote:

@hyatt275 

@t_p...it's been my experience (pre-covid) that when you get home early...no need to turn off roaming. Your regular plan calling features will resume. I've never adjusted off the roaming on my phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your phone will work when you return to Canada.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Your phone will be fine when you return early. No problem.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@hyatt275 wrote:

@hyatt275 

Need Help? Let's chat.