cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Txt message rec'd

Dynasty8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"Public Mobile here,

Please note your subscription has been placed on hold due to an unresolved issue with your payment.

To resume your subscription, simply log into the Public Mobile app or My Account to update your payment details. Alternatively, you can dial *611 to make your payment."

I checked payment history but shows everything in order. Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5

Blizzie_Thumdet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also experiencing a similar issue, and I'm adding my comment as a data point.  

A timeline for others that may be experiencing something similar:

• July 23, 2023 - Payment made automatically on my credit card
  • July 25, 2023 - Receive a text message from Public Mobile 
  • July 25, 2023 - I log into the Public Mobile app, re-enter my payment details, and confirm my next renewal and payment date (which is Aug 22, 2023)
  • July 25, 2023 - I search online for similar issues and landed on this thread
  • July 25, 2023 - I submit a CS ticket using the link provided by this thread to confirm
  • July 25, 2023 - Customer service agent requests for information about my account
  • July 26, 2023 - I respond back to customer service 
  • July 26, 2023 - Customer service confirms that I have an active subscription and service

Items of note that may have an impact:

• I recently joined Public Mobile on June 23, 2023
  • I have a "Refer A Friend (RAF)" credit, which reduced my bill by $10 for July's payment
  • I have my payment saved and there are/were no changes to my credit card (or problems with it)
  • I updated the payment anyways on the Public Mobile app after receiving the message from Public Mobile

For those interested, the text message from Public Mobile states:

Public Mobile here, 

Please note your subscription has been placed on hold due to an unresolved issue with your payment. 

To resume your subscription, simply log into the Public Mobile app or My Account to update your payment details. Alternatively, you can dial *611 to make your payment. 

When submitting a ticket to customer service, they also asked:

• My phone number
  • Last four digits of my credit card
  • Last payment made and the date it was made
  • Email address and account number

I have had (and continue to) service this entire time though it has been an inconvenience for me to check with customer service and to frequently test my service with friends and family. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dynasty8 - is it possible your card is going to expire? That message really should not be received until you have a payment or card problem. But alas, PM does send texts out in error sometimes. If nothing is out of place, I'd submit a ticket to CSA and ask why you received this. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dynasty8  When you receive these alerts . And it’s your renewal day and services still work . You can ignore this message 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dynasty8 PM has sent text like this to wrong subscribers lately.  Ignore it if you have the service and if it shows active on your My Account 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Dynasty8 

is talk / text and data working right now ? If so...ignore.

Otherwise let us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.