cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two new compatible phones

chank
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is not a question, but some information that someone may find useful. I successfully activated two SIM cards this weekend for two phones that are not on the compatible list. I expect that there are a number of missing phones, but anyway for the record they were:
- Motorola G7  (XT1962-4) (not the Play or Plus)
- Motorola G6 Plus (XT1926-7)

5 REPLIES 5

@DonForgo wrote:

As long as a phone is unlocked from a carrier, or comes unlocked, and has the GSM connection that works for Telus, it will work on Public Mobile. 

use this website to check frequency, just enter in the phone model you have, 

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/public-mobile-canada

Telus doesn't have GSM.

chank
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I agree, but having gone through the process recently of activating, if you follow the steps for activation you are asked to check against the compatibility checker. Perhaps the 'Getting Started' page ought to be updated to reflect your suggestion?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@chank, thanks for the information.  With so many new models available and the compatibility checker being so lacking, my suggestion would be for people to compare the bands that this service runs on against the bands available on the phone they are looking to use.  As a simple screening rule, any phone that has band 4 LTE should be compatible.  This is somewhat of a unique band that is prevalent in North America and nowhere else.  If a phone has band 4 LTE, then it is safe to assume the phone is designed for the North American market. 

DonForgo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As long as a phone is unlocked from a carrier, or comes unlocked, and has the GSM connection that works for Telus, it will work on Public Mobile. 

use this website to check frequency, just enter in the phone model you have, 

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/public-mobile-canada

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Very cool, thank you.

Need Help? Let's chat.