cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two months in a row PM screwed up credit card autopayment

John46
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The subject says it all.  Note that, for at least a year before the current issue, I have had NO, ZERO, NIL problems with autopay.

• For the past two months, my CC payment has been rejected. 
  • For the past two months I have gone in and deleted existing (accurate!) payment information. 
  • For the past two months I have reinitiated payment information. 
  • For the past two months I have (immediately after reinitiating payment information) clicked on the necessary buttons to pay my account to bring it current. 
  • For the past two months that payment is immediately processed and my account is now current.

For the past two months I have lost the $1 credit for being on autopay.

Who can I complain to??  I am really perplexed. 

31 REPLIES 31

@John46 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@John46  I'm happy it's all straightened out....hmmm one province over and I know there's one in Winnipeg. I'm guessing you live in Ontarioioioio....

So close.  Ontari-ari-ari-o. 

Here's the song: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_8rg0DQuWs

Here's the full video as shown at the Ontario pavillion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0F10Sc3Vcw

@John46  Oh yes of course....its been almost 30 years since I lived there I'm a little rusty.

John46

@darlicious wrote:

@John46  I'm happy it's all straightened out....hmmm one province over and I know there's one in Winnipeg. I'm guessing you live in Ontarioioioio....

So close.  Ontari-ari-ari-o. 

Here's the song: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_8rg0DQuWs

Here's the full video as shown at the Ontario pavillion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0F10Sc3Vcw

John46

Nearest London Drugs is one province over!

Your hope that they credited my account for the missing autopay credits was realized.  Yes, I have, as the legal expression goes, been made whole.  It was frustrating but really only for those days when I realized that the payment hadn't been processed and I had to manually do everything.  But now, it's just as it was for many months beforehand: a seamless process. 

@John46 wrote:

I had several back-and-forth messages with one of the mods (Andu) and, after spending some time looking at the problem, he assured me the problem was fixed.

IT WAS FIXED!

Oh, joy!  Or, to quote Jabberwocky:  "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"

@John46  Oh what a brave man you are! I was curious what you were doing to do?....coincidently we have the same renewal. I as usual topped up my account $2 less as I scored a couple more referral credits in the last month. Happy to see the mods fixed your autopay and hopefully credited your account for the missing autopay rewards.

1.  A note on the vouchers....if you have a London drugs in your area they now sell $10 pm vouchers. Similar in savings to the disastrous and now defunct shell/MC promo if you sign up for the LD extras reward program you can "save" 10% off your pm vouchers by purchasing a $10 voucher or other $10 purchases each visit counts towards a $5 coupon received every 5 visits to London drugs. The $5 coupon can be used towards a voucher purchase. Additional points can be earned using a credit card that maximizes points with drug stores purchases. This is a rare example of rewards program that both rewards and allows you to redeem their reward program on vouchers.

John46

I had several back-and-forth messages with one of the mods (Andu) and, after spending some time looking at the problem, he assured me the problem was fixed.

IT WAS FIXED!

Oh, joy!  Or, to quote Jabberwocky:  "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"

@88cranston wrote:

@John46  You do know the definition of insanity? Trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Lol! Did you submit a ticket to the moderators to review the problem ?

Lol 😆 it could be senility! Do the same thing over and over. Making the same mistake over and over. And expecting the correct result. 

You know.....that is when I ask some one, to watch over my shoulder, when I do it again. Then either I see it or the one looking over my shoulder does. 

@88cranston  LOL....insanity and senility that's dangerous combination or a hilarious one. For some reason Tim Conway comes to mind....

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@John46  You do know the definition of insanity? Trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Lol! Did you submit a ticket to the moderators to review the problem ?

Lol 😆 it could be senility! Do the same thing over and over. Making the same mistake over and over. And expecting the correct result. 

You know.....that is when I ask some one, to watch over my shoulder, when I do it again. Then either I see it or the one looking over my shoulder does. 

@John46 wrote:

Oh, I agree completely with you.  I'll monitor my account very closely at the end of this period.  As I said, I suspect I'm an edge case.

Edge or on the edge of....? Lol  It will get solved eventually. Your Auto pay issue that is...

John46

Oh, I agree completely with you.  I'll monitor my account very closely at the end of this period.  As I said, I suspect I'm an edge case.

@John46  Yes acceptance is the first step....

@John46  At this point I don't think your Auto pay is going to magically start working again. As said it's time for moderator intervention. The work around isn't  ideal but it will not affect your loyalty or Auto pay rewards and is a little less work than your current solution to your issue.

John46

> insanity

Bought the t-shirt, wear the hat!

> mods

Yes, I did.  I believe it is under investigation since I haven't heard back yet.  I suspect that, for whatever reason, my situation is probably an "edge case" so I am waiting patiently.  I've been in the IT business for so long that I know problems like mine are solved in the first day -- or not until months later.

John46

Well that would certainly be effective as a workaround but I would prefer to simply be on autopay and have it "automagically" reward me for "loyalty" and for "autopay".  That has worked for at least the previous 12 months without a hitch.  Then, suddenly, for two months in a row my CC has been rejected.

@John46 wrote:

Well, there's always the possibility that I made a typo but I don't think it likely because in both instances, I created a new credit card entry and then clicked to make an immediate payment (so I could keep my account active) and it went through.

So

September autopay payment failed: I then entered new CC data and then made a onetime payment using that information and payment was processed. Made sure account was on autopay.

October autopay payment failed: I had not changed any data from September.  After autopay failed, I again entered new CC data and then made a onetime payment using that information and the payment was processed. Made sure account was on autopay.

November autopay -- that will happen on the 3rd (or 4th) of November.

John46

Well, there's always the possibility that I made a typo but I don't think it likely because in both instances, I created a new credit card entry and then clicked to make an immediate payment (so I could keep my account active) and it went through.

So

September autopay payment failed: I then entered new CC data and then made a onetime payment using that information and payment was processed. Made sure account was on autopay.

October autopay payment failed: I had not changed any data from September.  After autopay failed, I again entered new CC data and then made a onetime payment using that information and the payment was processed. Made sure account was on autopay.

November autopay -- that will happen on the 3rd (or 4th) of November.

88cranston

Another thought. Won’t help OP right yet.  

I think I have read between the lines on a few posts here. Am I correct in saying?

If you sign up for auto-pay with a credit card......that process gets you your $2 a month rewards. Any reward balance is used first and the balance of your monthly plan cost, is charged out to your credit card. 

So with your credit card on file......can you buy PM vouchers (amount beyond what you owe, monthly), put them on your account, and PM will use that balance first, and no credit card transaction through PM?

88cranston

By any chance when you set up auto-pay did you make a mistake on:

Credit Card Brand. Visa MC or Amex

Credit Card Number

Credit Card Security Code (usually on back of card...3 digits)

Or the address you input that is associated with the card. 

Have you had any charges on your card from PM?

Credit Card Expiry Date

I erred when setting up my card for the province as there was a default province Alberta and thought nothing of it, I guess, as I had lived there for 5 years. But since I printed my complete set up I noticed it after and fixed it. You have to click the arrow by Alberta and find your correct province. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

When you contact the @CS_Agent make sure you mention not getting the $2 auto-pay credits. Hopefully they can credit them to you at the same time.

One option to take this possibility out of the equation is to top up with your cc a couple of days before. You are still eligible for auto-pay credits in this case. Just make sure you keep auto-pay enabled.

@John46 wrote:

Alternatively if you want to save an extra 10% @CalgaryBen  find of the mastercard/shell promo til the end of the year gives users a reason to purchase vouchers or shell cards for future voucher purchases and just top up a few plan renewals in a row.

**bleep**!  I'm going to have to pay anyway.  And I have a nearby Shell station.  Thanks!

Just make sure you register your mastercard first. Go to his post from yesterday so read the terms and conditions. I researched it quite a bit last night and see no problem making either of these purchases with the mastercard promotion, I would advise if you purchase a shell gift card that you

check the card balance in the shell on the online balance checker to ensure it's been properly  loaded so there are no surprises a few months later to purchase vouchers (after the promo ends). I would just do vouchers now and cards in say december and not mention the promo to the attendant during purchase as its a mc promo . So there's no chance of refusal...theres been few reports of stations only taking cash despite it being against company policy.

Edit MC/Shell promo cancelled 10am et Oct 8th/2019

John46

Alternatively if you want to save an extra 10% @CalgaryBen  find of the mastercard/shell promo til the end of the year gives users a reason to purchase vouchers or shell cards for future voucher purchases and just top up a few plan renewals in a row.

**bleep**!  I'm going to have to pay anyway.  And I have a nearby Shell station.  Thanks!

@John46  Well who knows with the latest system maintenance maybe they've fixed the Auto pay bug...but I kind of doubt it since it's been around for so long. But you could certainly test it out next time around. I only rely on Auto pay if I completely forget to pay otherwise I always top it up. I don't have to this month as both my accounts have earned enough rewards and credits that they're both free. Woohoo! Alternatively if you want to save an extra 10% @CalgaryBen  find of the mastercard/shell promo til the end of the year gives users a reason to purchase vouchers or shell cards for future voucher purchases and just top up a few plan renewals in a row.

Edit: MC/Shell promo cancelled 10am et Oct 8th/2019

John46

> long as you have a valid credit card on your file

But I already do! 

I've sent a message to @CS_Agent so we'll see if they can get to the bottom of the issue.

John

@John46 wrote:

I like your idea of simply updating/changing the CC info.  If I have problems in the future then I will go down that route.

As for manually paying a couple of days in advance, that would certainly work but, for me, the big reason for having autopay is so that I don't have to manually check every month.  But if PM is unable to resolve my issue then your suggestion is a workaround.  Not a *great* workaround, but definitely a workable workaround!

John

Long as you have a valid credit card on your file...you can also add $$ to Available Funds by calling 611.

John46

I like your idea of simply updating/changing the CC info.  If I have problems in the future then I will go down that route.

As for manually paying a couple of days in advance, that would certainly work but, for me, the big reason for having autopay is so that I don't have to manually check every month.  But if PM is unable to resolve my issue then your suggestion is a workaround.  Not a *great* workaround, but definitely a workable workaround!

John

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@John46 wrote:

The subject says it all.  Note that, for at least a year before the current issue, I have had NO, ZERO, NIL problems with autopay.

• For the past two months, my CC payment has been rejected. 
  • For the past two months I have gone in and deleted existing (accurate!) payment information. 
  • For the past two months I have reinitiated payment information. 
  • For the past two months I have (immediately after reinitiating payment information) clicked on the necessary buttons to pay my account to bring it current. 
  • For the past two months that payment is immediately processed and my account is now current.

For the past two months I have lost the $1 credit for being on autopay.

Who can I complain to??  I am really perplexed. 

@John46 
Just a couple of suggestions in regards to your issue. When you are contacted by the moderators  ask for a credit for your lost Auto pay reward. When re-entering your credit card info rather than removing it....choose to replace it instead. This should make a difference in the Auto pay reward not being awarded. To avoid the Auto pay rejection of your valid card that you use to then pay after suspension why don't you just make a payment to your account a day or two before your renewal so you have a balance in your account and there is no opportunity for the Auto pay to reject your card. Thus avoiding the glitch and the problem altogether. 

John46

Found it!  Thank you.

John

88cranston

Bottom right of your screen

John46

Wow!  That was a fast reply.  Thanks.  I don't see the question mark you're referring to.  Perhaps I'm on the wrong page.  Could you give me a url, please.

John

Need Help? Let's chat.