cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two-Factor Authentication Feature Request/Suggestion

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's great they've added two-factor authentication (although only via SMS & email from what I can tell, not a dedicated Authentication key). However, it's incredibly frustrating using desktop to sign-in, and then choosing email, only to not be able to copy-paste because it does one character at a time. Not being able to copy-paste seems incredibly flawed and I can't see being for a security-related reason at all.

Here's hoping that Public adds this feature/alters it sooner rather than later.

4 REPLIES 4

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I just find it weird because neither Sony nor Nvidia block copy pasting from clipboard for 2FA, I was gonna check Microsoft and Google but they're different because you directly use their apps to signin.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Blocking the clipboard contents is actually a deliberate security feature on many sites. It prevents simple scripts from brute-forcing their way through verification attempts. It prevents spyware from lifting the contents of the clipboard for their own uses. It prevents malware from injecting invalid inputs (and overflow attacks) into the 2FA fields.

If it is too frustrating to operate then you do have the option of turning it off.

I commend people for giving PM feedback on details like this. You never know, maybe PM is still focussed on getting things right (so they can finally feel confident that they're getting their money while letting the thing run on autopilot). Most of the other recent improvements on Self-Serve are customer requests (or demands) which have been frequently mentioned ... even if some of the specific improvements took most of a decade to arrive.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CanadianPerson0 - i have something else that you cannot copy and paste those code for also. Gotta remember and do each digit one at a time, it is annoying. I've actually shut if off my accounts for the time being because of that.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CanadianPerson0   I like this suggestion.

But PM moves slowly here.  I wonder when when they make further improvement to the site.  At this point, I think they are still fixing all kinds of glitches

Need Help? Let's chat.