cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off option to add data sent to phone

ar1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son ran out of data on his plan. That was fine, but then he received a text asking him to reply if he wanted more data and he said yes of course. My husbands credit card is on his account and we, of course, don’t want him adding data which gets charged to his card whenever he wants. Can these notifications be turned off so this doesn’t happen again?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ar1234 

Another option to stop text from PM is to type in #STOP on to the PM text on your son’s phone.

@ar1234 

yes, some parents have the same concern with that, but some think this is a great easy ways to get more data.

And to pay by voucher, buy it from SDM/711/London Drugs/Shell and then load the voucher using *611 on the phone or use My Account.  With your situation, you might want to load the voucher only 1 or 2 days before renewal (and remember PM is running on 30 days cycle so renewal day will move up after a 31 day month)

Also, if you are going ahead with removing the credit card, you need to ask support to help you with that.  Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

ar1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the quick reply to my post. I am very surprised, as we cannot be the only ones who have this issue. How does one add vouchers? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

hi @ar1234 

only way is to block the short code PM used to send the text on the phone itself 

some people would go as far as removing the credit card on the account and use only voucher to pay for renewal, but this is more work every 30 days 

Need Help? Let's chat.