cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to sign up - number invalid

ChuckSlaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It says my number is invalid, I have tried to sign up before when Bell had my phone locked. Since then I unlocked it and it was confirmed by Bell.

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ChuckSlaa 

Use the link supplied by @softech to confirm whether or not your phone number is portable to pm (telus) then if it is and you are either activating and porting or trying to port in via your self serve account make sure you:

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Firefox, chrome or safari work best.

If you still encounter problems initiating port (be sure your bell account is active and you keep your bell sim in the phone to reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes) contact the moderators ( either after taking a temporary phone number to activate or not) to assist you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ChuckSlaa wrote:

It says my number is invalid, I have tried to sign up before when Bell had my phone locked. Since then I unlocked it and it was confirmed by Bell.

Are you referring to:

1. invalid phone number error OR
  2. invalid SIM number message during activation of a SIM card?

If this is an invalid SIM number message during a SIM card activation, then ensure the activation was completed by checking that your credit card was charged.

If you were charged, insert your SIM and:

• reboot your phone
  • do a reset of your network settings

Do you have any services now?

If you were not charged, then the SIM activation did not complete. Wait one hour to attempt the SIM card activation again. Before you do clear your browser's cache or use a different browser, some people have success opening a tab in incognito mode, then proceed to complete the activation.

After process is complete:

• reboot your phone
  • do a reset of your network settings

Note, when you are porting a number it can take 2-4 hours to complete the port when it comes from another mobile provider.

Use the previous provider's SIM card until services stop, which tells you porting should be complete.

Land lines can take up to 7 days.

*Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back,

sometime is will help you to sign up for a New Activate
or Create account for Self Serve to view or make changes to your account.

Good Luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ChuckSlaa  are you trying to port the number? 

Check eligibility here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Some numbers can't be ported into Telus.  Each number ties with a city and it depends Telus has a Rate Centre there.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChuckSlaa : Some numbers are not valid for porting. What are your first 6 digits? (not last 4)

Edit: Did you successfully activate a SIM?

Need Help? Let's chat.