cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port number away from PM

Mrbubblehead72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to port my number away from PM and I am unable to get the port request. Where do I go from here?

5 REPLIES 5

The account number is 5 digits then 5 digits then 4 digits, so 14 digits long. It starts with a 1 then some zeroes then your serialized account number.

Mrbubblehead72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The account is active and the phone is still operating with the PM sim. The new provider is telling me that the account number is too long. And they mentioned they have had this issue with PM before

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The important piece here is...with the Public sim in a phone. That's where the confirmation text will go. Not the new sim.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mrbubblehead72 

You have submitted your port request with your new provider?  are you just not getting the porting authorization text?

Make sure your PM account is active and you can still receive incoming calls and text
Then call your new provider and ask them to re-trigger the porting request.
Wait another hour or two and you should receive the Porting Authorization Text from shortcode 4799 or 4800

If still not receive the text from PM asking you to approve the porting,  please open ticket with PM support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Make sure that you respond to this text within 90 minutes. If you do not receive this SMS or you do not respond within the 90 minute window, make up to 4 additional attempts to send it. If you are still experiencing any difficulties, reach out to a Customer Support Agent

(Ref: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/porting-out  ) 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mrbubblehead72 - your Public Mobile needs to be ACTIVE to port out of here. Unless you are porting to Koodo or Telus, there may be some allowances in this case.

You need to go to the new provider to get them to send the request to Public. 

Need Help? Let's chat.