cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to make a payment on my account. Grrrrr...

dshortt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok my account was set up on autopay and it was working. As of today it didn't renew and I didn't receive any notice there was a problem. Tried to use  the phone and got the 'There is no active account' message. I logged into my account and found autopay had rejected the card I was using. Nothing has changed on the card and there is no lack of funds in the bank account. When I tried to re enter the card this was the message: "Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. "

I'm using a TD Visa Debit card and haven't had any problems before. I tried using my wifes card and got the same message. UUgh..

12 REPLIES 12

@Jb456 wrote:

@RosieR sometimes long term customers never have a problem and then all of a sudden auto-pay fails. Same as new customers it could work for a few payments then fail. The system really requires an overhaul to fix all the payment processing issues. 

If I could make a suggestion to you. You can always top up your balance manually or add a voucher before your payment due date. As long as auto-pay is setup on your account you will still be entitled to the $2 discount.

A few days before your payment due date you get a text from 611. "Public Mobile here just a heads up your payment is due on" etc,etc.

Use that text notification as a reminder to log into your account for a few minutes to do a manual top-up. Then you'll never have to worry about a failure.

@Jb456 thank you very much for the very helpful advice.  Cheers!  👍 🌹

myrahcaz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This could be a bug in the public mobile system. Maybe get a prepaid credit card or use a payment voucher until it is resolved.

@Jb456 thank you for your very helpful response.  🌹

@RosieR sometimes long term customers never have a problem and then all of a sudden auto-pay fails. Same as new customers it could work for a few payments then fail. The system really requires an overhaul to fix all the payment processing issues. 

If I could make a suggestion to you. You can always top up your balance manually or add a voucher before your payment due date. As long as auto-pay is setup on your account you will still be entitled to the $2 discount.

A few days before your payment due date you get a text from 611. "Public Mobile here just a heads up your payment is due on" etc,etc.

Use that text notification as a reminder to log into your account for a few minutes to do a manual top-up. Then you'll never have to worry about a failure.

First time I have heard that you can use a debit card.... I thought it HAD to be a Conventional credit card? Interesting....

AE_Collector

@dshortt wrote:

Thanks for the info. I submitted a ticket. Calling 611 didn't work because they don't have a card that is recognized on the account. 

Hi @dshortt may I ask how long you have been a PM user before the autopay failed?  I am asking this as, like you, I am also on autopay and I am a new PM user.  So please come back and let us know what happens.  Best of luck!  🌹

@dshortt wrote:

I'd love to do that. How do you do that again? lol

@dshortt  you can use this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dshortt

I'd love to do that. How do you do that again? lol

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@dshortt I would send a private message directly to moderator in that case instead of submitting a ticket. It is a faster response which sometimes is needed especially if you don't have service.

dshortt

Thanks for the info. I submitted a ticket. Calling 611 didn't work because they don't have a card that is recognized on the account. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dshortt You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

If this fails your card may be locked from too many attempts.  Contact the moderators and ask them to apply payment and reactivate your service for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dshortt wrote:

Ok my account was set up on autopay and it was working. As of today it didn't renew and I didn't receive any notice there was a problem. Tried to use  the phone and got the 'There is no active account' message. I logged into my account and found autopay had rejected the card I was using. Nothing has changed on the card and there is no lack of funds in the bank account. When I tried to re enter the card this was the message: "Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. "

I'm using a TD Visa Debit card and haven't had any problems before. I tried using my wifes card and got the same message. UUgh..

Hi @dshortt ,

Unfortunately sometimes autopay fails. 😞

Are you able to make a manual top up to the amount of your plan (or maybe $1 over it) in your self serve account or by calling 611?

Once you make a payment, select reactivate/resume in your self serve account; and if still no services try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

To contact the Moderator_Team to check on your autopay, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1599911948897.png

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.