cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting with VoLTE on Poco phone

polarfog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently switched from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile, but I found the VoLTE function is no longer working. When I make phone calls, it drops to 3G network.

I’m using Poco M3 Pro 5G, and here are the screenshots. Also, I use sp.mb.com APN.

I’d also like to know if anyone without a phone from Public Mobile’s approved VoLTE phone list has been able to use VoLTE.

Screenshot (1).jpg

Screenshot (2).jpg

  

5 REPLIES 5

polarfog

I came across some posts that seemed to confirm what you were saying.

American model Samsung and VoLTE : telus (reddit.com)

This post on Reddit discussed Samsung phones bought in the US and their compatibility with VoLTE on the Telus network. Apparently, Telus had previously removed some devices from their approved list for enabling VoLTE but later added them back. It's possible that Public Mobile had a similar experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/telus/comments/ysdxh0/comment/jutc9eq/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&co...

Another post shared a story about someone who escalated their VoLTE issue on a bring-your-own-device plan to the CCTC, and the problem was eventually resolved.

hi @polarfog 

many carriers also have its list of VoLTE compatibility list  even Telus and Koodo, but PM list seems to be a shorter one 

And yes? whatever plan you have, you can frerl connect to 3g or 4g or 5g networks 

polarfog

@will13am, if you previously could use VoLTE on Public Mobile for your phone, but now you can’t, it’s even worse than never having VoLTE.

Moreover, this is my first time learning that Public Mobile has an approved device list for 5G connection. Although I purchased a 4G speed plan, my data connection runs on a 5G network.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@polarfog , you have been subjected to vagaries of the VoLTE whitelist which appears to be quite restrictive.  I have a phone that started off on the whitelist and got booted for unknown reasons.  Be happy you have 5G which appears to have its own whitelist.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@polarfog 

Unfortunately, your phone is not on the approved Public mobile list for VoLTE services.

See the article below:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Public mobile may add other phones to the list in the future, but unsure about timing. 

Need Help? Let's chat.