cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with porting number

Krazar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently helped a friend change his and his wifes phone from Virgin mobile to Public mobile. Had no problem porting his phone number but having issues with his wifes account.  Virgin never did sent a confirmation but we installed the Public Mobile simm and everything seemed to be working except 2 of her contacts pictures were not able to come through but all the other contacts have no problems. I checked the APN settings and they look correct. Now a month later Public mobile assigned a temporary phone number but we would like to set it back to original phone number.  I called Virgin to see if they could help port the number but they need to Public mobile account number to help. When I login to the Public mobile account I get a window asking to finish setting up account so go through the steps, I get as far as putting in the simm card number then get a message that the card is already in use.  I'm not sure how to get the account number now or how to get past the account set up page that the simm number is being used message. Been going in circles for 2 days.

2 REPLIES 2

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Krazar 

Don't call porting team, they cannot help as your original post was over a month old.  Porting team cannot help 

When you call Virgin, did they confirm if the Virgin account was closed?  If yes (account was closed) then porting was done originally and hence porting team cannot help

If Virgin account still open, then the port was never completed. But it has been one full month and the original porting request has expired, another situthat porting team  cannot help.   But in this case, you will need to re-request porting by logging into My account.  I know you cannot login My Account now. So, the proper action is to submit ticket with PM agent and ask them to help with the login.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Krazar  I’ll send you the porting. Team number private message , give them a call they can. Re trigger the key request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.