cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried ordering SIM online, got error messages 3 times, now charged for 3 SIMs

grog67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was on my account a few days ago and wanted another SIM for my new dual-sim phone. I tried to purchase one, and the checkout indicated some kind of error. Thinking I had done something wrong, I tried a couple more times with the same result. However, I discovered yesterday that my credit card has 3 charges of $10.50 each. I've received no indication that any order was successful. If I am getting 3 SIMs, I need just one, and not 3.

Even the ticket system is screwed up, I cannot submit one. This is bad...

9 REPLIES 9

@grog67 wrote:

Thanks again. Sure, it may be a good model but at some point someone from PM has to get involved. And that's the part I am at right now. Someone else has posted it can take up to 3 weeks to get a SIM, I would prefer it if they could refund me for all 3 and I will get it tomorrow from Amazon. Would they do this?

@grog67 , use the link already provided to reach out to support.  As customers at large, none of us can offer you a refund.  

grog67

thanks. for $1 more I would just get next day from amazon at $4.99. but now I have to wait to see if the tribunal will let me have my $31.50 refunded to my card. If that system is broke, why in the hell do they let people try to buy sims on it?!?! seems pointless?

@grog67 wrote:

Thanks again. Sure, it may be a good model but at some point someone from PM has to get involved. And that's the part I am at right now. Someone else has posted it can take up to 3 weeks to get a SIM, I would prefer it if they could refund me for all 3 and I will get it tomorrow from Amazon. Would they do this?

You can ask for a total refunds...hopefully you'll get it or at the very least, a credit to your new account for future renewals or add-on purchase.

added...

if you're in or near the GTA, these guys have the PM sims for $3.99 and they have a local pick-up option. I can confirm the shipping is very fast also...ordered on Thursday, rec'd on Tuesday in BC.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/multi-sim-card-for-standard-micro-na...

grog67

@grog67 wrote:

Thanks for this, I posted on the link. Is this system in need of a major overhaul? Whoa, I think so. No one to help over the phone, and cannot submit a ticket.  PM is all good and fine and cheap cost, until there is a problem! This is something they need to address.

@grog67 , Public Mobile does use a unique service model where the community acts like a first line support.  The service model does work once you get accustomed to it.  As for broken stuff, I agree there are plenty.  When you look under the hood of other service providers, they all contain nasty surprises not that this justifies a race to the bottom.  

@grog67 

PM is an online service and self management of your own account.

Customer service is done all online by private messaging or chat (reports it is currently not working).

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@grog67 

Hope it doesn’t take too long to arrive. Members reported that it takes up to 3 weeks to arrive!

Just private message a CS_Agent for a refund of the other 2 SIMs at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

BTW, you can order a PM SIM from Canadian Cell Supplies online for $3.99 with faster shipping time.

grog67

Thanks for this, I posted on the link. Is this system in need of a major overhaul? Whoa, I think so. No one to help over the phone, and cannot submit a ticket.  PM is all good and fine and cheap cost, until there is a problem! This is something they need to address.

Need Help? Let's chat.