cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to the US

BDW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am going to the US for the next 88 days… are there any packages or add ons so I can use my phone in the US with public mobile?

7 REPLIES 7

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BDW 

It will be cheaper if you purchase a Tello or Mint Mobile SIM while you down in the USA.

You can also use WhatsApp app for VoIP through wifi.

You can stop payment and your account will be suspended but you are cutting it close to have it reactivated and will lose your number and account closed.

You might want to switch your current plan to a $15/month plan if you want to keep your number and account Active.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Prepaid phones from wherever you are going would be much cheaper too.

TextNow seems to be mentioned a lot here. It's Canadian too. I have it. Works great. A bit ad heavy but free is good.

>Can you recommend a voip app?¤

@BDW VoIP app , get TextNow,  free cal and text for Canada and US.  Then get a Google Voice if  you can

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BDW not from PM.  Get local Prepaid data.  It is cheaper and offer more data.  Then add a VOiP app to make free calls back home. 

If you have a US number, you might want to get a Google Voice there as well.  Very useful, you cannot get it here in Canada 

BDW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can you recommend a voip app?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There are add-ons but they're only 10 days. That would get quite expensive for that amount of time. Use a voip app or get a service from a US provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.