cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling from Canada to Cuba

KendraL9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am travelling to Cuba from Canada next month, I'm wondering if there is any add ons to be able to use my phone data regularly? 

9 REPLIES 9

Harryoh

No. It didn't work in Cuba

@Harryoh  I was not talking about calling a Cuban number. Textnow is free Canada /USA calls..so when you go to Cuba and you want to get in touch with friends/family back in Canada or give them your textnow Canada number so they call you while you're in Cuba.  You buy a $1 wifi card, connect to wifi, open the app and you're good to go to call back to Canada and USA numbers.

Harryoh

Sorry, not true. Calls outside north America cost $$ with textnow.   You have to buy credits. Cuba to Canada is

$1.32/min.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately, PM has no global roaming add-on. You will have to purchase a traveller's or local sim.

I found a web site: Guide to finding the best prepaid SIM card in Cuba

https://www.finder.com/best-prepaid-sim-card-cuba

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@KendraL9 wrote:

I am travelling to Cuba from Canada next month, I'm wondering if there is any add ons to be able to use my phone data regularly? 

I go to Cuba on the regular. Public mobile is not an option there.

Telus works there with their roaming option but Public mobile does not offer a roaming option there.

I buy their $1 wifi cards and use TEXTNOW..you get a Canadian number in your area to call and text for free.. people can even leave you a voicemail if your not connected to wifi.

Combined with FB messenger and WhatsApp you'll be go to go.

Tenga un buen día!

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM has roaming capability for USA only. You will have to get an international travel or local sim for use in cuba.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@KendraL9 wrote:

PM add-on only works in USA. 

You may try One Sim Card:

https://www.onesimcard.com/

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No there aren't any PM add ons . Try using WiFi and apps such as whatsapp .

@KendraL9 wrote:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry no

If you will have access to WiFi you can get TextNow app that will give you free Canadian number and unlimited calling to Canada and USA. Before leaving you can forward all your calls to your TextNow number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.