cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travellers Error

Thokaan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently went abroad and I use Airalo eSIMs to have regional data while I was away. Like the tech novice I am, I thought if I assigned my PM phone number to the account I would have access to my texts and phone calls abroad. 
Now my eSIM account which expires soon is my primary account and is tied to my phone #. I can’t send texts (I can send iMessages) and I can’t make my PM account my primary account again. 
Can I fix this in my settings? Will buying an eSIM from PM let me port my number back in? 

3 REPLIES 3

Joe_G
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Thokaan.  To port your number back to PM you need to be able to receive texts from Airalo. If you can't receive texts from Airalo then you need to contact them and see if there is a workaround. Either way you will have to open a new account with PM request to port your number to your new account.

Thokaan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The eSIM is turned off but if I try to delete it I get a message that my phone number will no longer be associated with my phone but my cellular plan will not be canceled and I need to contact my service provider to cancel. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Thokaan , disable the airalo e-SIM.  See if that fixes the problem.  If you disabled the Public Mobile SIM reenable it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.