cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling to the US next week

jgurholt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am traveiling to the US for work next week and want to add the 1GB of data to my plan. Do I need to sign up for this on the day of travel or should I sign up before so I don't have a delay in it working? I am traveling for 5 days.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
You can also try freedompop
I think the sim is currently $2 USD
They give you 200mb/month but can get more by adding friends
Good for day trips

Clee88
Any update?
How did it go?

@LD500 wrote:

How are the 10 days calculated?  If I buy it at 10pm is it valid until 10pm after 10 days?

Doesn't appear to be an option to choose the start date on the add-on, correct?

With cell phone companies, most have been pretty bad at charging for a full day (for that same day) even when activation occurs well into the day.  Also, on plan changes at most carriers, customers are double charged for the day of any prorated plan change.  This is because the the billing systems will see both plans as being active for parts of the same day, and charge you for a full day on both of them. 

I really hope I'm wrong when it come's to Public Mobile's add-ons, but I'm almost certain that enabling it at 10pm will result you being charged for a full day of it when you only receive 2 hours use of it.  An example can also be compared to when you activate a Public Mobile plan.  I know for certain (based on my activation) that when you activate part way into the day, that a full day gets used up of your plan (even though you don't get a full day of service).

jawkneej
I too am curious about this. (How 10 days calculated) as we're heading to the states for 10 days on Sunday.

LD500

We are going to the USA for vacation for 10 days total.  Will need a USA Talk/Text/Data plan for $20.  That roaming plan is good for 10 days.

How are the 10 days calculated?  If I buy it at 10pm is it valid until 10pm after 10 days?

Doesn't appear to be an option to choose the start date on the add-on, correct?

jgurholt

@Luddite wrote:

Also, suggest you subscribe to this thread just to keep an eye on USA data issues: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/No-Data-with-US-Roaming/m-p/134686

Hmmm. I wonder if I should just go with Roam Mobility?

jgurholt

@ShawnC13 wrote:

The roaming plans are for 10 days.  If you are travelling I would do it the day before you go.  Not that you can test it but you will be able to make sure it is loaded onto your plan for the next day when you are in the US as it is a two step process.  You will need to get the addon pay for it that money they goes into available funds.  You will then need to go and pick the addon again and have it take the money from your available funds.  You don't need talk or text while you are away?

No Talk or text as the only ones that I need to reach use iMessage.

Also, suggest you subscribe to this thread just to keep an eye on USA data issues: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/No-Data-with-US-Roaming/m-p/134686

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

The roaming plans are for 10 days.  If you are travelling I would do it the day before you go.  Not that you can test it but you will be able to make sure it is loaded onto your plan for the next day when you are in the US as it is a two step process.  You will need to get the addon pay for it that money they goes into available funds.  You will then need to go and pick the addon again and have it take the money from your available funds.  You don't need talk or text while you are away?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The addons last 10 days so no harm starting early.   Probably best actually, from others feedback pretty seamless starting in the US but slightly more complicated since need wifi to use self serve. 

Need Help? Let's chat.