cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling from Ontario to BC for a few months

spectacles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

My father died, so I'll be travelling from Ontario to BC in a month from now. I just have a basic plan, and I wanted to know if my text messages will still work in BC? (My remote work uses my phone number for 2-factor authentication by text)

If not, is there a way to upgrade temporarily?

Thank you, and apologies for not finding this question in previous forum questions.

5 REPLIES 5

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Sorry for your loss.

Terms & Conditions:

#6: Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. etc

Telus partners with the Bell network which provides nationwide coverage for all of their customers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@spectacles 

My condolences. Unless you have an older plan with provincial calling otherwise everything will work the same. Safe travels and enjoy our beautiful country.

The big Nickel is pretty cool in Sudbury. Look for giant goose in Wawa. The giant grey owl or the giant coke can in Portage la Prairie. Mac the Moose in Moose Jaw. If you go North thru Edmonton check out the giant Ukrainian Easter egg in Vegreville or south thru Calgary detour to Drumheller to see the dinosaur remains of T-Rex, Triceratops and the giant Camarasaurus!

The yellowhead highway brings you by Mt. Robson the highest in the Rockies or take the southern route to see the bright blue waters of Lake Louise and Glacier National Park. You will know when you hit the lower mainland when you can enjoy the most expensive gasoline in North America!

Drop by Dude Chilling Park in Vancouver and I will whip up some frozen blender concoctions to refresh you from your journey and point you towards the infamous Wreck Beach to take in the sunset on the Pacific Ocean.

It's good to be Here!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear. 

No issues with phone...all the same....calls or texts. 

Any one in BC will still have to call you LD. 

Any local BC calls won’t need to be called LD buy you, I think, so if your number is in your contacts as 1-604-555-1234* you can add a +.....like +1604-555-1234. No need to change back even if you decide to stay in beautiful BC. 😀

* 604, 250, 778, or 236. 

spectacles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@softech Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help. 🙏

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@spectacles   Sorry for your lost.

For your plan, if you check your Plan details in My Account and see these:

• - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

then both your Talk and Text will work when you are in BC.  

Incoming text should work for 2FA as well

Need Help? Let's chat.