cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date usage

mandyy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why my data usage is deducted from "$0 Free holiday giveaway:1gb add-on" instead of my regular gb that comes with my plan? I did not exceed my gb usage.

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mandyy 

Do you regularly take screenshots of your overview page? Did you just notice data usage being deducted from your holiday data add on? Is it concurrent with your plan data counter showing on your overview page? Can you perform a test to show the data usage? Screenshot your overview page. At the same time screenshot your mobile data usage tracker on your phone. Choose a music video from YouTube and watch/listen to it using the mobile data on your phone.

Toggle your mobile data off on your phone and screenshot your data usage on your phone. Log in to your self serve account and screenshot your overview page again. Which counter used the data from playing the video ( likely between 5mb to 10mb)? If the data comes from your holiday add on you know and can easily prove a glitch has occurred and you can ask for the holiday add on to be reset by contacting customer support. The CSA will be able to see your average usage over the last 90 days does not exceed your plan data.

If you currently have no plan data as you are near the end of your 30 day cycle or your plan data was used for the test then it will be harder to prove. If this is the case you can track the last 90 days of daily usage using the calendar dates. Data is reported daily in two 12 blocks of time reported after midnight. Add these up by your renewal dates understanding that the way data is reported there can be lag so it won't be completely accurate like your data counter on your overview page.

You can also compare your phone's data tracker set to the correct dates of your plan cycle. Most Android phones will track back 3 or 4 months of data usage. This is less accurate as your phone will track mobile differently like adding MMS data usage to its tracker while pm has a separate server for MMS data usage that does not use your plan data. But any large discrepancies will be noticeable.

Tracking your data usage thru your account and your phone and comparing usage will give you a good idea if you have kept within your plan limits and whether a glitch with your holiday add on has occurred, if your plan data may not have reset upon renewal for one 30 day cycle causing you to use the holiday add on unknowingly or if over the past two years or so since receiving the 2019 "more is merrier" 1gb holiday data add on you have used very small amounts of data here or there that would likely account for the usage shown on your counter.

If it appears your plan data did not reset you can again ask for it to be reset if it's for the current cycle and your holiday add on to be reset if it's usage equates to your plan data not resetting at renewal in past few cycles.

Keep in mind the 75% and 95% data usage texts sent by pm from 611 take into account all of the data in your self serve account....both plan data and add on data and/or bonus data. One of my accounts has only 250mb of plan data but over 20gb of add on data of various types. I always set my tracker to the correct 30 day cycle dates, my data warning at 100mb and my data limiter at 200mb. My data will stop at 200mb and I reset it to 250mb. If it reaches its limit of my plan data before my 30 day cycle ends I will reset it again to 300mb so that I know exactly how much add on data I am using and if I disconnect from wifi or an errant app starts gobbling data the worst it can do is use 50mb.

I am closing in on using up my 2019 holiday 1gb add on with just under 200mb left before it disappears from my account forever.....giving the rest of those bonus data add ons sardined into the bottom left corner of my overview page a little more wiggle room before Xmas rolls around again. Over 28 months I on average use an extra 30mb of add on data over my 250mb of plan data.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@mandyy wrote:

Why my data usage is deducted from "$0 Free holiday giveaway:1gb add-on" instead of my regular gb that comes with my plan? I did not exceed my gb usage.

It's possible that this is a glitch. However, as you know the add-on data only gets used after your plan data has been fully used. Please log into your Self Serve account and check how much data from your plan is remaining. If it doesn't say how much is left, it has all already been used.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@mandyy 

Your plan data should always be used before your bonus data. Are you sure you did not use up all of your plan data during your current cycle?

You can have a Customer Support Agent look into your account:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.