cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel

khalicki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am travelling to Europe for 180 days. I will be getting a new SIM card while I'm away. Can I port my number and suspend my account or do I need to cancel my PM account and re-open it when I get back?

10 REPLIES 10

khalicki

I don't want to lose my phone # and I'm going to need it while I'm away to receive Authentication passwords for online banking

HI @Lehaha   yes, 88 days is good

You just need to make sure you have no Available Fund before the account is suspended.  if there is fund there, you need to manually click Lost/Stolen on your account to manually suspend the account first

And , I would try to come back on the 85th days.  PM sites could be down, payment could have problem, you don't want to give you only 2 days just in case

Lehaha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good to know this all 👍, so for number 1, is that mean I won’t loss anything for my account without payment for 88days right? And when I come back, PM won’t take money from that 88 days?

Thanks 

@khalicki wrote:

if I am porting my number, will my PM account end?

@khalicki 

if you port out yes your PM account will be end immediately and your account will close but before you do that remove your CC,

and if you need to port in back you need new SIM card.

so why you need to port out and after 6 month port in the other company it's same 90 days not paying is will losing everything.

not good idea port out and port in after 6 month.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@khalicki 

there 3 option,

1. if have a big rewards in your account and you like it then pay before you go and remove your autopay and after 88 days reinsert your cardit card to pay again and do so same remove your credit card.

2. if you don't care about you rnumber then don't pay . remove your autopay with CSA,

then Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is purchase a base plan and reactivate your account to keep the services going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

3. or change plan to lower cost for $15 and also do as option #1.

Lux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your account will be closed and you'll need to get a new SIM card if you want to port back into PM.

khalicki

can I port it back to PM when I get back, using my current SIM card?

khalicki

if I am porting my number, will my PM account end?

Lux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you port your number out, your account will be canceled.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Downgrade to the cheapest plan ($15). Remove Autopay. After the latest plan expires...you have 90 days before its gone so re-fund your plan at day 85 or so.

Make sure to re-up you plan again before you come home.

Need Help? Let's chat.