cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring to public mobile

SUPERSteveGT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have recently switched from kodoo to public mobile with no issues. However we did the same thing for my wife, followed all the steps but her phone now says "sos only" at the top when we put the public mobile sim card in it doesn't seem to work. We have received all the emails and texts from kodoo saying we're sorry to see you go and a msg from public mobile saying welcome to public mobile.

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SUPERSteveGT 

As long as you and your wife replied with YES confirming you are porting over to PM. If both of you got the email from Koodo then it sounds like a provisional issue with your wife’s SIM so private message a CS_Agent for them to fix the issue at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Another thing that I've seen suggested to fix sos only if an iPhone is to toggle cellular data off, wait a short while and then toggle on again.  I'd try @Handy1 suggestion also of switching sims to test.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I ported a phone from Rogers last week. It seemed like it was dicey, especially after having no issues with another port from Rogers. The port out text was delayed from Rogers, and incoming calls went to voicemail after putting the PM sim in. Everything was working after about an hour. Hopefully it's the same outcome for you.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @SUPERSteveGT 

You may need to reboot your phone. 

Did you complete the process for your wife's phone? Get a number and everything. Because usually the SOS means you didn't fully complete the activation process. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SUPERSteveGTuse this link to support sounds like the sim needs to be re provisioned on there end . If this is physical sim and not esim you can try and put  her sim in your phone and test this may force the sim to reprovision itself also 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.