cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring to another provider : IMEI and account number not recognized

aminie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am trying to transfer my phone number to another provider. I received the text message requesting to authorize the transfer. Replied yes within the allowed timeframe.

Then got message from the new provider telling me the transfer could not be processed due to wrong IMEI (copy pasted it, triple checked multiple time. And then tried with account number, same error message from new provider. 

The new provider is suggesting PM might have the wrong IMEI in file, but I'd really like someone from PM looking into my request for transferring. 

10 REPLIES 10

aminie

It was at the time, but the problem has been resolved. Thank you 

Well since we're back after 4 1/2 hours... @aminie - is your account here actually active? Porting requires the account to be active.

@aminie wrote:

I had the option of either providing IMEI or PM account number. Tried both ways, both failed. 

Is your account with Public Mobile currently ACTIVE @aminie ? It needs to be active to port out to another provider (To Telus or Koodo, perhaps the exception).

If you Public account is suspended you need to make a manual payment to reactivate it, then you can port out.

What are the reasons the new provider is saying the port is failing?

aminie

I had the option of either providing IMEI or PM account number. Tried both ways, both failed. 

aminie

I tried both, and neither worked. Just submitted a ticket, thank you

aminie

Unfortunately typing did not work either. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

The new provider should care of the all porting details, but if info. was provided to them that was incorrect than they cannot complete the port. Do they require the IMEI, for some reason, or is this just the method you choose to port?

Can you provide Public Mobile's account number to the new provider instead? This can be found under the PROFILE tab in your My Account. Or, if you received an email activation with public mobile then it would be in the TO line of that email @aminie 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@aminie 

You can also try your four digit account pin number? But with the way glitches are nowadays maybe all the recent renewal glitches is affecting something in your self-serve account?

You can contact customer support to confirm your account number and your IMEI number and verbally or technically in writing approve the next incoming port request from your new provider.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@aminie 

When porting, just use the phone number, account number with account holder name.  Using IME may cause issues.  You could contact customer service agent.

Submit a ticket for CSA help. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/chatbot 

Type: I need to port out. 

Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

CSA may ask a few questions to verify account ownership and then should be able to help you. Response times can take a few hours.  Check your private message inbox (envelope in upper right corner of website).  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@aminie , you could initiate a support ticket using the chatbot link to confirm the IMEI on your account.  The account number should work.  Try typing the number. Pasting might include hidden stuff. 

Need Help? Let's chat.