cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring public mobile phone number to another carrier

LanVu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I missed my first confirmation text that Public Mobile sent me to confirm the transfer of my old phone number to a different carrier. So I tried multiple times after but receive nothing from Public Mobile. I want to know if there is any ways to talk to the customer service or to call Public Mobile to help me with this issue. 

4 REPLIES 4

sanjum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@LanVu Ask new provider to retry the porting the number. It is all at new proverder end. Keep PM sim in your phone to get the text and reply yes when you get text.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LanVu 

You need to ask your new provider to send the port out request again and wait for PM port our text message to reply YES with your PM SIM card in your phone.

Make sure to disable autopay before asking your new provider to send the request.  As soon as PM release you phone number to the new provider.  Your account will be closed and you cannot login to your PM account to change anything.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LanVu 

and if your new provider tried triggering the process couple times and you still do not get a text from PM, please open ticket with PM support using this direct link

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please . This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

(update: sorry, clicked wrong on the first post and sent out by mistake, so, make this 2nd post instead)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LanVu if you missed the text, you don't talk to PM for porting out.  You will need contact your new provider and ask them to retrigger thrbporting request 

Need Help? Let's chat.