cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring phone number from Bell

RuthLawson1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for public mobile and activated the SIM card I bought. I got a text from Bell asking to confirm the transfer of my phone number so I confirmed it. I’m still not able to receive texts on my phone since I put the new SIM card in. Does it usually take a little while before the SIM card is fully activated (and phone number is transferred) on my phone?

4 REPLIES 4

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RuthLawson1 the porting usually take around 30 mins to 2 hours for the number to port AFTER you replied YES 

but first, can you make outgoing calls?  If you cannot even make outgoing calls, then it is a sim card provisioning issue and NOT a porting issue.  In such case, you will need to open ticket for them to reprovision your sim card.  You can message them here for provisioning issue:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@RuthLawson1  might have to call them tomorrow they close at 10pm EST . But if you replied YES to the confirmation text in the 90 minute window . Then you can put bell card back in phone until it doesn’t work . You should get a text from bell saying services are turned off . That’s a good indication port is complete then pop in the PM SIM card and reboot . This way you won’t miss any calls or text to your old number while waiting for port to complete 

Adding and if port team needs to restart port request you may need the bell SIM card in phone anyways to reply YES again 

RuthLawson1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I did reboot it. Will give that number a call. Thanks!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RuthLawson1  Have you rebooted the phone with PM SIM card in it usually pretty quick with in 2 hours but there a number for live support to call and get update on the status of the port .will send you it private message as we not allowed to post it here 

Need Help? Let's chat.