cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad call quality

Poussine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi since 3 weeks everytime i am on the phone the other person says i am breaking up and i have to walk around just to have some connection.

26 REPLIES 26

Mlven78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having all the same issues as reported in this thread and tried all the suggestions the issue still exists.  There is no good way to use volte.  The option seems to be dropped calls or 3g.

Poussine

What is the link called? I dont see any.

Click on the link provided just above. It's an internal email-like system. When they reply they will ask some account verification questions. It would be best if you had your 4 digit account pin.

Poussine

How do i even get in touch with them? There is no phone number, this is the only help I have been able to getnl so far.

@Poussine wrote:

That code didnt work when dialed. Ill just change service provider. Thanks everyone

@Poussine   Changing the provider already??

at least give PM one more chance.  Message them and see what they can do. They can refresh the account, re-provision the sim and could help

Message them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Poussine

That code didnt work when dialed. Ill just change service provider. Thanks everyone

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When you're off a call, do you have full bars? If not full bars, then when you are on a call, do the bars jump up?

Hopefully that dial code works. It doesn't for my Samsung.

@Poussine  dial *#*#4636#*#*, navigate to phone information, IMS service status.  if you see Enabled, you are VoLTE

Poussine

I checked and there is no mention of that.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The place to find evidence of volte being enabled is

settings, about phone, status information, sim card status - if you see mention of IMS here and if it says registered then you're on volte.

At least on my Samsung.

Poussine

It worked fine for years and now I have to go outside to take calls. For me it is not an option.

@Poussine   I know Telus (and PM) will hide the VoLTE option on iPhone, and I guess they are doing the same on Samsung

So, you see your phone stays on LTE (or 4G) when you are in a calls?  If so, you are really using VoLTE.  You might want to try calls at different area to see if the quality is any different 

Poussine

I don't see a voLTE option anywhere

@Poussine   changing to LTE won't force the voice to 3G.  You will need to disable VoLTE on your phone then to test voice on 3G.

Poussine

TY

I seem to only have the option between 5G/LTE and LTE. It was on the former and I changed it to the latter.

@Poussine  

for toggle VoLTE

Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

For Preferred network change to 3G (Please note your data speed would be affected if you are on 4G or 5G plan)

Settings and tap on Connections.-> Mobile networks->  Select Network Mode.

Poussine

I want to try that but can find these parameters in my samsung s22, could you tell me under which menu? Thx

@Poussine   Lucky you , you are on VoLTE then

Yes, try the opposite, maybe 3G works better for you

or you can still try VoLTE, but try to Reset all networks  (please note it will delete your saved Wifi and bluetooth connections and you will need to add them back later)

Poussine

Samsung s22

HI @Poussine   what phone you have? look like you are on VoLTE

maybe try the opposite, turn off VoLTE on your phone or even change the Preferred network type ot 3G or WCDMA only and see if the voice is better

Poussine

I am not seeing any problem in my area on these maps. So would an upgrade mean it is temporary? It has been 3 weeks. 

Poussine

It stays on LTE

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Poussine 

turn off wifi and dial a local number...look at the top of the screen on the phone...does it stay on LTE or does it drop to 3G ?

In phone settings, Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data > make sure it shows LTE or Volte.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Poussine - what, don't understand you...just kidding.

So, what have you done to troubleshoot? Can you try your SIM into another phone to see if the same thing happens? If it still happens and this was not happening prior to 3 weeks ago, I wonder if there are upgrades being done in your area. 

Check for outages in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

If not outages, then see ask CSA to ask about your location, or see if they can reset your account or something, to see if that helps

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Poussine   Yes, it could be local network issue.

What phone do you have?  if you have a newer phone that is compatible with PM's VoLTE, maybe you can enable VoLTE for better voice quality

Need Help? Let's chat.