cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred from Rogers to Public Mobile yesterday, but phone doesn't work still

Monica_Yeoh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Yesterday I helped my uncle switched from Rogers to Public Mobile. I put the physical sim card and activated 
his account yesterday. Today, he says he isn't able to receive calls or texts. He called Rogers 30 mins ago to cancel his account. Should it work now? or will it take a few more hours for it to fully switch to Public Mobile?

@CS_Agent 

Thanks,

Monica

9 REPLIES 9

@Monica_Yeoh wrote:

That is the step I miss 🙄. Thank you

@Monica_Yeoh , please update Us on how it goes with reactivating the Rogers account to port the phone # in to Public Mobile.

HI @Monica_Yeoh 

once you got the Rogers account reactivated, it will be a quick porting process   🙂

Monica_Yeoh

That is the step I miss 🙄. Thank you

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Monica_Yeoh wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday I helped my uncle switched from Rogers to Public Mobile. I put the physical sim card and activated 
his account yesterday. Today, he says he isn't able to receive calls or texts. He called Rogers 30 mins ago to cancel his account. Should it work now? or will it take a few more hours for it to fully switch to Public Mobile?

@CS_Agent 

Thanks,

Monica

@Monica_Yeoh ,

Porting Phone # in

For additional security, your previous service provider will send a text to validate the transfer request. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes by replying YES to approve the number transfer. Your old SIM must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message. After your phone # successfully transfers your account with your previous provider will permanently close.

Edit: Typo!

@Monica_Yeoh wrote:

Just talked to him, he said, "Yes he called Rogers and told him that he's cancelling but wants to his number"

HI@Monica_Yeoh  

he did it wrong.  He shoudln't cancel it.  Account has to be active to port.  That's why it had problem

your uncle need to call Rogers to reactivate the account first.  And once it is reactivated and able to receive text, then call the PM porting team to reinitiate the porting

Then he will get a text from Rogers, he replies yes and port will complete in 2 hours, and his Rogers account will then be closed itself

@Monica_Yeoh  The rogers account needs to be active to successfully port number to PM and successfully porting the rogers number will automatically close the rogers account for you 

Monica_Yeoh

Just talked to him, he said, "Yes he called Rogers and told him that he's cancelling but wants to his number"

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Monica_Yeoh  Did you reply YES to rogers text to confirm the port ? Does the rogers sim still work ? If so there’s a number for live support to help re trigger the port request . Will send private message . If you have done this and you can’t connect to PM with PM sim card you will need support to re provision the sim heres link for them 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@Monica_Yeoh 

did you also help him to reply a test to Rogers to approve the porting? I think you missed it.  You will need to put the Rogers sim back , call PM porting team for them to reinitiate the porting.  I will send you the PM porting them number to your Community inbox.  Please check and call them

Need Help? Let's chat.