cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer to Fizz when account is active

gryhsball
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. 

I decided to switch to Fizz because of a cheaper plan.I  want to keep my number and transfer it to Fizz, I tried to transfer today when my Public mobile plan for the month was up. Now I realise that my Public plan needs to be active in order to transfer the number. 

My question is that if I re-activate the Public plan, and then get it transferred to Fizz at the beginning, does that mean I get the payment for the month refunded from Public?

7 REPLIES 7

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you using a important phone number and want to keep your number? DO not cancel the plan, always keep the number active and when ready to switch, port your number to another carrier, just remember to reply YES with the original SIM card to process the port request

Reactivate with PM on the $15 plan to keep the cost as low as possible. Plus you could hang around for up to about 28 days or so before leaving in order to get the use of the $15 at PM.

AE_Collector

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@gryhsball...as suggested above, not very likely to get any refund at all.

Not sure which plan you used before but you can downgrade your PM plan to the lowest plan offered ($15), if that helps.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid so unfortunately there are no refunds.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, PM is a prepaid service and does not offer refund.

Also, it's a normal practice that only number from Active account could be ported over.   

If you still want to port the number, you need to reactivate PM account.    If our Fizz account has not started yet, you might want to wait till 25 days later for the porting (give me couple days in case something wrong).   However, if your are already paying Fizz, there is no point to wait, just request porting after PM account is active.

Once the porting is completed, your PM account will be closed automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gryhsball 

when you try to Transfer your number you have activate the Public Mobile plan to going through your Transfer,

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

and you can pay for Public Mobile now and used until before 3 day your plan end do Transfer, to you not losing any money.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@gryhsball 

No refunds at PM. It is all prepaid. Activate on the $15 plan so you can port out.

76B74527-5746-4221-9EC8-BB7EA665A74D.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.