cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of phone #/Set up of account

Familyguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It has now been over 7 hours since my transfer of phone number to public mobile and the phone is still not active.  Is something wrong?  I am now without a working phone.  I was told this process should take no more than 5 hours.  My old phone no longer works so the number has transferred but the phone isn't working.  I used the app as instructed.

4 REPLIES 4

Familyguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you.  I did not get the message to turn off and on the phone as the last stop.  I tried that as a lucky guess and it worked.  All seems good now.  Have a good one.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Familyguy is your phone with PM sim card connecting to the PM network at all? If not, it is NOT a porting problem.  Your PM sim card was not properly permissioned.  It is an easy fix for PM , but you need to engage them, just message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Familyguy 

The criteria step in completing the porting is to confirm to the text with YES that you are porting over to PM…you have 90 minutes to confirm or the porting will be cancelled. It is obvious that you miss the text if you didn’t reply.

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you.

Also, your old account with the previous carrier must be active to complete the porting.

If you cancelled your service with the previous carrier then porting can’t be completed because you surrendered the number back to the carrier you got the number from. You can get your old number back if your previous carrier was Telus or Koodo. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Familyguy  Did you miss the 90 min window to reply YES to confirmation text ? Is so there a number for live support that can help restart the process for you will send private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.