cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number

Debongshi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,
I recently changed my phone with another provider. But I changed my mind and decided to stick with public mobile. I decided to go with the basic $ 15 plan and keep the same number.
I am trying to activate the old SIM card, but it says it is invalid. What should I do? Can I keep the same number if I order a new SIM?

10 REPLIES 10

@Debongshi   Use the link I just gave you, it by-passes the ticket system and sends a private message direct to customer service agents.  It is pre-addressed, you just have to fill in the subject line and then explain your problem in the text box and hit Send.  You just need to be logged in to this community for it to work, which you have to be to post here.  An agent's reply will be at the envelope icon top right of this page or, if no envelope, tap your avatar to the right of the bell icon for a drop down menu to access Messages.

Debongshi

How can I submit a tick? It doesn't allow me.

@Debongshi   That may be because it has already transferred, have you tried restarting your phone with the new PM sim in it?   Did you get a text message from the other provider asking you to reply YES to the transfer, and you replied within 90 minutes of receiving the text?

You probably should contact PM customer service for help sorting out what went wrong.  Either submit a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page or, if that doesn't work, send a private message using this pre-addressed link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Debongshi

Hi,

I want to keep my current number, but I received a message saying it was unable to transfer it; what should I do to keep the old number? 

Debongshi

Great help! Thanks!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Debongshi 

Your SIM is a one time use so the old SIM is useless.

Go thing the PM SIM is free with new activations so the $15 plan is available. Just port your number back to PM but the SIM normally take 10 working days to 3 weeks to arrive.

Existing members like us can only get the $19 plan and the $15 is not available for us.

Please note that the $15 plan is unlimited calling and texting and no data.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can’t use the old SIM, but You can get Free new SIM card as a new customer, but it could take 3 weeks., once you activate your service, you can port back you number.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Debongshi  Since you're essentially a new customer (otherwise you wouldn't be able to get the $15 plan) a new sim card or esim would be free, but the downside is that delivery when ordering a physical sim from Public Mobile could take from several days to a few weeks.  So if you're in a hurry best to buy one as @hTideGnow suggested (or does your plan with the new provider give you enough time to wait?).

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

@Debongshi 

make sure you know the current $15 plan does not come with any data, it only has voice, but unlimited voice mins

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Debongshi your old sim card cannot be reused.  You need to buy a new one

Buy a new PM sim card from Telus or Koodo store for $10 or buy from Amazon for $5

Need Help? Let's chat.