cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number

Marvinjohnson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get my number transferred back to my new provider when I cancel my subscription 

6 REPLIES 6

@Marvinjohnson  Your phone is still connected to PM ?? Or new provider ?? When porting to any  new carrier you start port request   with new provider . Leaving the old provider SIM card in phone to reply YES to confirmation text to port . At that point you put the new provider SIM card in the phone once it’s successfully ported to new  provider . It automatically will close the old providers account hope that helps .

@Marvinjohnson   I'm a bit confused now as to what is going on, can you elaborate please?  You have a PM account and want to transfer your number to another provider - did they remove your PM sim card before you transferred the number?  I'm not sure how your wife's experience fits in, is she the one who had the new sim put in?  Did you go directly to a new provider for service or was this a retail store or something?

Marvinjohnson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They said they couldn’t do it they put a new sim in so my wife had a phone were paid up for the month my phone is still connected to the sim

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Marvinjohnson Your new company makes all the the transfer arragements so contact them to get it all done.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Marvinjohnson   Firstly, don't cancel your subscription on Public Mobile because it needs to be active to transfer to the new provider.  If you close it first you will lose the number. You need to get the new provider to organize the transfer.  Leave your PM sim in the phone to answer the text asking if it is OK to port, reply YES.  Your PM account will automatically close once the number is transferred.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Marvinjohnson don’t cancel it yet . Both account need  be active to port . Instead  When you start the port  with new provider leave PM som card in phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port . Once successfully ported number out it will automatically close your PM account and you won’t be charged again 

Need Help? Let's chat.