cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number not completed

Pdeangelis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched to Public Mobile, followed the steps to o transfer my number when registering my SIM card, however it didn’t work. I didn’t receive a text. 
Is there a number to talk to a live person?

5 REPLIES 5

Swagoto1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please wait 48 hours for it to happen

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Pdeangelis   which provider are you moving from?  Sometimes it is an issue with the provider.   And your account there is still active? 

Call the porting support team, they will reinitiate the porting request.  If you still not getting the text , then you need to call your old provider and ask. Sometimes, they will just take your verbal approval and no need the text

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Pdeangelis  Additional info on porting number 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pdeangelis   if you put your PM sim card in a phone, do you have PM service and can you make outgoing calls?

yes, you won't get incoming until porting completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Pdeangelis  Yes will send you it private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.