cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my number to another carrier

saaaaaaaaaaaad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I got a new plan on another carrier, but haven't received any number transfer request from public mobile. 
How to transfer my number to another carrier?

9 REPLIES 9

@saaaaaaaaaaaad  We are just customers like you trying to help . You need to have active PM sim to port the number out . And when you port to any new provider it’s up to the new provider to initiate the port request 

@saaaaaaaaaaaad 

can you login to your PM's My Account now?

usually if your PM account went inactive and you no longer able to login PM's My Account after a port request, it meant the port was completed. 

Please reboot your phone with your new provider's sim first and test incoming calls.  If still not receiving incoming calls with your new provider's sim, please call them and check with them first

If that think it is an issue on the PM side, open ticket with PM support and ask 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

saaaaaaaaaaaad

I have already paid for my new plan at another carrier. This is weird to ask for activating. My account was active when I was waiting for the response. I waited for more than an hour on active account in the morning but got no message from you guys. And then in evening my account went inactive. Its not my fault that you guys didnt send the request.

@saaaaaaaaaaaad  That’s the thing both accounts need to be active to port the number . If you turned auto pay off and your PM account is suspended and not active IE can’t make calls or texts . Then you can port number out . It needs be active to port and when you do port it out it will close your PM account . And PM is pre paid so it’s best to port out a day or two before your renewal date . So you don’t lose money 

@saaaaaaaaaaaad 

for porting, you need to have an active plan to port the number out, that is the rule for any carrier

So, if your current PM plan is suspended, you need to renew one more month if you need the phone number to port out

You can save some money by first changing your plan to $15 plan (the lowest one), and then pay and resume service. 
Once service is resumed, you can talk to your new provider and request porting again.  And of course, you need to put your PM sim card back to a phone, receive the porting authroization text from PM and reply YES within 90 mins

saaaaaaaaaaaad

What do you mean by active? My plan just ended with public and I have bought new plan on freedom and have to cancel my plan with public now. There is no way I am paying public mobile for this month when I am not even using the service. 

@saaaaaaaaaaaad  It’s up to the new carrier to start the port request . Just make sure your OM account is active and working , Public mobile only send you a confirmation text to port in which you need to reply YES to with in 90 min window . But I’ll also leave you think link for PM support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

saaaaaaaaaaaad

I haven't received any port request yet. I have been waiting since so long. And there is no way to connect to someone or call some customer service representative m. Its so frustrating 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@saaaaaaaaaaaad  you need to make sure your PM account is active . Leaving the PM SIM card in phone . You start the port request with new provider so you can reply YES to the confirmation text PM will send you to port . And once successful porting the PM number out to new carrier willl automatically close your PM account 

Need Help? Let's chat.