cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my current service from Public Mobile to another service provider.

Jithuja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to transfer my current service from public mobile to another service provider. I am trying for the same for last couple of days and I didn't get any information regarding this, kindly help me to transfer my account from public mobile to another.

12 REPLIES 12

Jithuja

Thanks  for your information, I will follow the information.

Community center, you mean the community where you are typing now? Then you are logged into the community.

Your Self Serve/My Account is a different set of login credentials though. Contact Fido to arrange the port to them. Can you log into your self serve/My account to obtain the public mobile account number to proceed with the port to Fido?

Or, was there an email activation received when you activated with public mobile? If so, that account number will be in the To line of the email.

Jithuja

I am not able to login to Community center. planning to move to Fido.

@Jithuja   But you have opened ticket with PM? you checked your Community inbox for their reply?

Curious, which provider you are going to? Life would be a bit simpler if you are going to Telus or Koodo

Jithuja

Thanks for helping me, I am working behind this for more than 5 days. My next bill payment date should be on 4th of this August, I have to change the provider before the payment. I am not able to open ticket with PM support, it's showing error.

@Jithuja   we are just customers like you but we all try to help

First, did you open ticket with PM Support yet?  Instructions in my earlier post

Jithuja

I didn't receive any porting authentication text yet.

please help me

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Simple just ----Ask the new provider to port your PM number to the new service.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The good news is that the porting process is pretty uniform for all providers. If you follow the steps above and as long as your PM account is in good standing and you are have your PM sim in your phone during porting, you should be good to go 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Both accounts have to be active.

At new provider request porting of your PM number

KEEP PM SIM in your phone. Reply Yes within 90 minutes on porting authorization request.

Porting should complete in a few hours. Check if all services at new provider work as expected.

Your PM account will be immediately closed as your number goes to other provider.

End of story.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jithuja   If you account is active and not receiving the porting authentication text,  open ticket with Pm Support using this direct link:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Ref:https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Jithuja 

remove your autopay payment.when you port out your account in here will be closed immediately.

keep your account with public mobile active, and don't remove SIM card until you getting SMS about port out and to that SMS will be reply yes.

after you reply yes then insert new SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.