cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my account information to a new phone I just purchased

rickdesjardins4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I have a hell of a mess to sort thru apparently My phone was stolen and bought a new one but wasn't able to get a sim card as Walmart had nobody to man the electronics tills for at least 3 days so in a hurry to get my phone working (I was home invaded .robbed and shot at with a 12 guage shotgun and I had 2 bb's pass thru my ear and 3 imbedded in my scalp) as I had numerous things to tend to over this incident so I went to the source and got a virgin sim card to get my new phone working I quickly realised that virgin is as bad as the 4 clowns that robbed me that day so I went and got a public mobile sim card but now I seem to have 2 accounts with p.m. and I did have credits on my original account plus 3 1/2 yrs of service with public mobile and in that time they switched over to a different honor system with rewards At first I had my original account and used all my rewards towards my bill plus I had a $90 credit that may have gone down to $40 with a month payment of my account Now I can't get into my original account which I found out last pay period as I had to purchase credits for my next month billing So I'm in a loss as to wat to do about this mess Just to talk to you guys I had to fandagle my way in using a way different email (xxxxxxxxxxxxx) and I think one account uses my email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I think my ORIGINAL account is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I need to straighten this mess out somehow and get back on track with my original account which as I said has credits and over 3 1/2 years of service credits My other account is also holding $50 credits as I purchased $100 last time and my plan is $50 month PLEASE help me get this mess straightened up and back on track with my original account Thankyou!!! I will eagerly watch for your reply 🙏

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rickdesjardins4 

That is messed up....and saving your original account with $$ rewards is indeed important. So you are pretty sure you know the email used for the account. Did you have access to your self serve account at some point in time? If so try using the forgot password option. If that doesn't work or perhaps you had actuvated in store and never set up your self serve account? Call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number. This will give you the basic account info and if suspended the date you must reactivate by to avoid account cancellation and deactivation and loss of the phone number.

In order to gain access to your account via a password reset you will need to verify your identity. This is a little difficult since you don't have access to the phone and it sounds like you have been paying by voucher? Do you have any card registered for autopay? Here is the normal list of info you need to verify....

1. Full name and address on pm account. 
  2. Email, phone # and 4 digit account pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three (if they apply)of the following:

1. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  
  11. Payment card on file : expiry date and last 4 digits.
  12. Activation date.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the customer support team (CS_Agent).

You will similarily need to do the same to swap sim cards if you cannot access your email for 2FA. Once you gain access to your account suspend your service via lost/stolen until you can swap sim cards with a new unactivated sim card. If you currently have service on the newer account your service on your original account will not renew while suspended via lost/stolen and you will have to ask for your rewards to be applied manually after paying and reactivating your service.

You can order a sim card (maybe two?) online from CCS. They have free shipping via Canada Post within 5 business days or pick up in Mississauga. Currently pm sim cards are $4.99+tax. (Looks like you just missed the $2.99 sale price.)

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/multi-sim-card-for-standard-micro-na...

Use the newer account and suspend via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on Day 30 of your cycle. Use as a data account by switching to either the $15 plan and time reactivation within 90 days to coincide with hopefully the 4th annual "more is merrier" campaign for freebie add on gifts in December. You can redeem points for discounted add ons (25% to 50% off) or the lucky draw. You will continue to earn eligible points while suspended. Have a CSA add your original account's referral code for the $10 bonus referral credit. I suggest you use the second option below and send a detailed private message to customer support explaining your issue.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rickdesjardins4 

Wow sorry to hear that you went though all that hassle.

Try going into London Drugs or a Koodo/PM store and get a new SIM and login into your account with the email you think is the correct email and click on Change SIM card.
If you go through both of your emails, you should have got an email “Welcome to PM” on the correct email address.

Sorry that this all happened to you.  You're going to need to purcahse a new Public Mobile SIM card (again), but this time, make sure that the salespeople at the store do not activate it.  Unfortunately, balances and rewards cannot be transferred from one account to another.  You'll then need to attach the new Public Mobile SIM card to your original Public Mobile account.

Need Help? Let's chat.