cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from Koodo

trashpanda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got a new public mobile sim and wanted to transfer my number from Koodo. However, there's no instruction on how to do so.

6 REPLIES 6

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Goodlife062404 wrote:

H

H

Goodlife062404
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

H

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@trashpanda wrote:

I just got a new public mobile sim and wanted to transfer my number from Koodo. However, there's no instruction on how to do so.

All the official details are in the following link:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If you're interested in reading a thread about this, with user feedback, follow the below link:

Transferring or Changing your Phone Number - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@trashpanda 

The alternative to simple simon is to send a private message.....

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.
  3. Phone number to be ported.
  4. Previous provider's account #.
  5. Full name on that account.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours during working hours but with non urgent issues be prepared to wait up to 48 hours. Wait times seem to have improved and are (hopefully) back down to a few hours....

Make sure you insert your previous providers sim card back in the phone so you can recieve the porting authorization text.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@trashpanda wrote:

Transferring a number from TELUS or  Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile)?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile), you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@trashpanda 

All telus and koodo numbers must be ported in with the help of a moderator. Once you activate your sim and choose a temporary number you contact the moderators to initiate the port. 

Be sure to keep your koodo sim to put in your phone once contact is made so you can respond to the porting authorization text.

Need Help? Let's chat.