cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Number Activation Failed

AJ500
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, got myself a public SIM card, downloaded ge app, paid for a subscription plan, requested to transfer number from Koodo monthly and app says transfer failed.  The helper ed to choose a new number first then contact customer service, however there is no option to go back in the app to change my choice of transfer number. Help!

7 REPLIES 7

AJ500

Logging into the browser did give me the option to “resume” but it only shows that payment was complete, there are no other areas of my account - just that I need to download the app 😞 I have sent a PM so I will be patient and wait.  Thanks again for taking the time, I really appreciate your troubleshooting help!!IMG_6125.jpeg

@AJ500   can you login using a browser and go to My Account?  If you can go to My Account, see if it gives you an option to pick a number.  Or see if you can go to Profile page, and change phone number by clicking on the pencil beside whatever phone number showing there

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-number

if one of those works, then I guess you really have no choice but to open ticket with PM support , message them

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

AJ500

Have closed the app and reopened and it brings me back to the subscription not activated screen. Have deleted the app and reinstalled and logged in and it also brings me back to the same screen.  The amount has been run on my card but is still in pending transactions.

AJ500

Hi there, thanks for this, this is what the bot said too, however in the app it will not let me go back into the activation process to choose a new number instead of transfer.  Any ideas?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@AJ500 - did you mean to private message CS_Agent?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier.

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

If still issues, to contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Normally Faster  use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AJ500   you are using Koodo Prepaid?  Yes, you need to get a temp number first

Has PM charged you yet?  

If so, try to close the app and relaunch and see if you can start at the get new number screen

if not, please open ticket with PM support by direct message:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

AJ500
Need Help? Let's chat.