cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket ID:57304-398

charlene
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a chat about me being charged $170 a month for 9 Gb . Seems you create new plans without lowing existing customers billing how is this right . You keep overcharging hoping they won't notice? I have been a customer for a very long time an a telus customer before that. You now charge 135 for a plan with 3 times as much data, how is this right? Best part I went over my 9 gb data plan last month and I gave you more money for less data that you can purchase for less money . Quite the scheme ya got going on here .

25 REPLIES 25

gb23

None of the carriers will automatically move you to a cheaper plan. Some WILL automatically move you to a more expensive one, PM is pretty good at not doing that. As you said this is Canada and providers won't play friendly unless you pursue deals yourself. At best you'll receive a notification of something better available but NEVER automatically.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@charlene What more do you want?  They email you new offers.  You have email don't you?
 2023-05-24 20_31_15-Canada's First 5G Subscription Phone Service _ Public Mobile.png

@charlene   I understand your pain.  But mobile plan usually just don't change itself (with more data) ,  you need to go and change it yourself

At the moment, the best offer is $39 for 20GB, it should be best deal around.  Other providers have that, but I imagine you have monthly rewards which will knock down the price further.  It could be a limited time offer (but once you are in, you are in), so get it fast before they remove it

charlene

I get the whole spin that its my fault for not checking. My point is cell phones companies in canada have a reputation for over charging . To me this has it written all over it . If a plan is long obsolete why is it my responsibility to not notice  . The company shuts my service down for running out of data . What 9 gb for three months and then requiring me to pay for more . Basic plan is 15 gb a month I  am sorry this is ripping a customer off there is no other explanation . How many other pm customers are there like me with long expired plans that are getting ripped off and public mobile is smiling all the way to the bank . Its wrong and you know it.

HI@charlene Most provider will not automatically upgrade you to a better plan.  You have to keep checking and change it yourself.

So, I think from now on, whether you stay in PM or moving to another provider, keep checking or keep asking for good deals

DDM69

@wetcoaster 

She just won't be accountable and needs someone to blame.  

Public will now be in  big trouble.   She's using the same lawyer as Trump and she took lots of screenshots as evidence.  LOL.

@DDM69 wrote:

@charlene 

You agreed to a rate and that’s what you got.  You really should switch to a provider that will automatically reduce your rate when a better plan is offered. Good luck. 
You’ll get no compensation here for your ignorance. 

@charlene 

It looks like you have dug in your heels now and don't acknowledge anymore that we're customers like you and just trying to help you with suggestions. The simple one being to just log into your account and schedule a plan change for next renewal.

But here go my additional 2 cents:

If you find that provider mentioned in the post above, please let us know! I'm often lurking over at RFD and all I see is that people need to contact their providers to ask for a more current better deal. There are also reports of those promo plans being increased again down the line, needing another call to retention. Whereas here, generally speaking, plans are grandfathered as a rule, not an exeption.

Public Mobile is a hands-on self serve provider that needs you to be proactive to get the best bang for the buck. The equivalent of calling rentention here at PM would be occasionally stopping in and checking out the new offerings and, if you see one that fits your needs better, go into self serve and schedule a plan change for next renewal, take a screen shot of that before you log out, double check on renewal morning and ask a CSA to help if there was a glitch in the change (armed with your screen shot proving that you indeed did the change in time). 

BTW, it works both ways if you want to have any plan changes automatically apply - you wouldn't be happy to find out that your plan has automatically increased (or data cut in half for the same price), would you? All telcos (this is not unique to the Telus group!) are in the business of making money for their shareholders, they want to keep the ARPU as high as possible. You are the one that needs to find the best deal for your needs.

charlene

Oh hurt your snowflake . Name calling take the crown for the win

DDM69

@charlene 

Whatever Karen. 

charlene

Ignorance thats rich for somebody supporting and propping up  a company that . Oh you said it first (What plan is $170 for 9GB?) Eat and spin your words much . I think you on the wrong side of the ignorance statement . Trying to earn another badge?

DDM69

@charlene 

You agreed to a rate and that’s what you got.  You really should switch to a provider that will automatically reduce your rate when a better plan is offered. Good luck. 
You’ll get no compensation here for your ignorance. 

charlene

I already opened a ticket that is why I came here. I run a business and would never think of charging a customer more just because they are unaware they can buy more for less. In my eyes any change in plans to apply to all customers . I signed no contract and assumed I was paying the going rate and was never told otherwise. How many other people are the same as me and just keep paying the bills . I screen shot everything in my ticket and informed them is no resolve . That I would be forwarding this information to consumer affairs and The Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Service .

@charlene I am not trying to spin it.  I am a customer like you and I feel your pain.   I just not understand why you did not try to explore other options after paying the first $15 for merly 1GB,  you should be aware that you will have to pay more $15 like this after running out your first add-on purchase quickly .  If you post earlier, I am pretty sure we will suggest your other ways (change plan or early renewal)

Yes, open ticket and ask them to escalate and see if they are willing to compensate. Let us know how it turns out

charlene

I also have a hard time understanding how you support this business model . Stuff like this is why cell companies earn the reputation they have . Putting the screws to people.

charlene

If there is no attempt to compensate me for overcharging for this , I will never buy another telus pm product in my life if this is how they justify making a buck . You may spin it any way you want but its called ripping the customers who are unaware off. I have been a telus PM customer for a very very long time and this is no way to treat a loyal customer.

charlene

How long to the agreements last ?

Does it keep renewing at a new ripoff rate ?

I think if you have a basic plan it should be given to you weither you ask or not.

I am not quite sure how you think its ok to  over charge somebody more for less . All customers should be treated fairly . What year did this plan that I have come out? Do you have an idea .

DDM69

@charlene 

You run a store. If a customer buys an outfit and next week it goes on sale do you call them back and offer to reimburse them?

Hey outfits are on sale you should come back for a discount now that the price has been lowered 🤪

DDM69

@charlene 
It’s unfortunate that you weren’t aware of the new offers. Maybe now that you know, you can pay closer attention and take advantage of the better deals. 
Public Mobile is self service, meaning it’s up to you to manage your account and plan changes. If these are mismanaged, that’s on you. 2023-05-24 20_31_15-Canada's First 5G Subscription Phone Service _ Public Mobile.png

@charlene 

But the plans are like this for all providers.  Price has dropped a lot  for data over the years.  At least PM has no contract and you are free to change plan

which plan you have now?  the $40 for 15GB has been there for over 5 months and everyone is welcome to change to that.  

charlene

People who are unaware that prices have dropped dramatically .I got nothing from submitting a ticket besides pick another plan . I am their customer

charlene

Softech I get that buy You Totally missed my point that I am being charged way over the amount for very little data . You are now being charged less for alot more data . Data starts at 15gb a month . I am being charged almost 60 for 9 gb over 3 months and have to pay even more to get less data. I am not quite sure how that is right. Would you think it is ok to say be paying 5 dollars for a candy bar at a store . A new customer comes in and gets it for 1 dollar. The store keep charging you 5 dollars because you are now aware that the new price is 1 dollar . I run a retail store if I ran by business this way I would be run out of town and you know it. Spin it any way you want it is what it is.

DDM69

@charlene 

There’s no scheme going on here. Public has excellent offers and great value. I pay $38 for 15GB of data.
There are offers every year for free long distance minutes and free data. Emails are available to everyone. 
No company will contact you to reduce your cost if you’ve agreed to a plan. That’s ridiculous

2023-05-24 19_53_43-Canada's First 5G Subscription Phone Service _ Public Mobile.png

charlene

I would exspect my bill to be reduced as on what I am being charged for . I just have a renewing plan 170 for 9 gb data .I see they have 30 gb for 45 a month or even better 20gb for 39 a month . I am being charged 57 a month

. I message PM and they told me to change my plan . I think a company should only charge what they are fairly charging others . Their plans all have unlimited text and talk so the only difference is the data. |Why have I been paying to much for data ? Because I don't check what the other plans are? They email me get a friend to join or get a phone and get a better plan but never email,  hey we were charging less for what you have now . It should be automatic I never signed an agreement to commit for an time period it is 3 month period

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@charlene PM is a prepaid provider and no contract.  When you used up your data, you made a choice to buy extra data instead of the extra data keep being used unnoticed and p keep being  charged like postpaid provider

If someone used up the data, usually people just buy the expensive 1GB if they think the 1GB can last till end of the cycle.  If not, most people would choose to change plan or early renewal with help of Support 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Over here we are all customers like yourself...

What did you expect to pay and what PM charged you? Did you accidentally change your plan? What plan do you currently have?

Need Help? Let's chat.