cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is something wrong with activating new sims.

Cutestories
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with activating new sims.  I'm a long time user and holy wow is activating a card now impossible. From payment failed attempts, to the app not loading correctly, to app page circles that "load" without anything visible on the page. Absolutely terrible. After day and a half of trying 4 different sims on 3 different devices, with 3 different cards. Finally I get it activated only to find out data isn't working and the card gets WORSE service in the same area then my old public mobile sim (3 bars to no service sitting in the same spot).

What is going on with public mobile at the moment? Is anyone else who is  trying to activate a new sim running into roadblock after roadblock? 

5 REPLIES 5

Cutestories

Tried both. Custom service explicitly said they can't help. Ended up going with a different provider for the rest of the fam.

@Cutestories   You got a response from customer service saying they can't help?  Or were you trying the ticket system which doesn't currently work (hence the private message links already suggested).

Cutestories

They actually can't help. Already tried a few tickets. Also tried all troubleshooting options available. There is most definitely something wrong with activating new sims. Just posting for visibility in case anyone else is having the same multitudes of issues to see if someone has found an actual workaround yet. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Cutestories I'm sorry to hear of your experiences.

Sadly, I've been hearing a LOT of similar complaints lately. Has not happened to me personally so I cannot comment. 

Only thing I can say is to message support at the link below to Public Mobile and share your experiences. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cutestories , usually if there is activation failure or any kind of account access failure, deleting app data and retrying will work.  Note that if you attempt to use a payment card to activate and there is multiple failures, the card will get locked out.  Some report that the payment card lockout is temporary but I am not quite sure of that myself.  If you are struggling with getting the activation completed, reach out to support using the link below.  They can help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.