cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The submit a ticket button is greyed out. I tried googling such an issue but of course..

Dtmwerksshshs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this only happens to me. what a fun simulation i'm in. esim failed to activate. i see no option to try again, nor any help options. they made me download the app. for every option i try i have to log in about a hundred times. the ai bot they make me talk to said to submit a ticket. after logging in for the 101st time, i fill everything out, just to see the submit a ticket option is greyed out with no explanation. thanks for any help guys! what a fun experience.

EDIT: PUBLIC MOBILE HAS DEEMED ME A BOT AND I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO ANYONE ELSE AS I AM FLOODING MY OWN TOPIC. MY PHONE IS IPHONE XS. PLEASE GRACEFUL AND MERCIFUL PUBLIC MOBILE, ALLOW ME TO USE YOUR SERVICE. WHATEVER I MUST DO. I UNDERSTAND THE SUPPORT TICKET IS GREYED OUT BECAUSE I AM NOT WORTHY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I MUST DO TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO YOU.

41 REPLIES 41

@Dtmwerksshshs wrote:

Could I port out, then do chargeback? Would that keep my number?

I am not sure the payment card system would accept a charge back.  There are no refunds for this service.

I've been trying for the past 16 hours non stop. They have now created a ticket and some tech is going to call me in maybe 72 hours. I just...don't get to use my phone for another 72 hours..? wow

@Dtmwerksshshs wrote:

Work with Public Mobile first.  If the bank decides that you did not try to resolve, they can find in Public Mobile's favor.

@Dtmwerksshshs  I would assume so, but I would first make sure the port is fully completed to the new provider, sometimes ports can go wrong between any two carriers.  

@Dtmwerksshshs   One thing to bear in mind is that your Public Mobile account must remain active if you decide to port out your number to another provider.  

Hello @Dtmwerksshshs 

Rule of thumb is no refunds as it's prepaid service. However, you should work with a CS Agent to figure things out. If they are unable to resolve, request a refund. If they are unwilling, contact your credit card company to reverse the fees.

To start a chat with a CS Agent, click on the chat bot in the bottom right corner and enter Customer Service.

Dtmwerksshshs

If you've been following my trainwreck, first post it took 12 hours to activate esim and for someone to even get back to me.

2nd post: Now I either get absurdly slow speeds or no internet at all. Phone works though. Consistently at 1 bar. Did all troubleshooting steps and reached out to pm as well and they tried some things which of course didn't work. reset network settings, restarted phone, no other sim card in it. whether it says lte or 3g, same problem. 3g is worse actually.

3rd post (this post): i am pissed. this is in richmond bc, a very urban city. there are towers nearby. i was previously on rogers with no issues. iphone xs. how do i retain my phone number? i read they dont give refunds. but i literally paid for a service i am not receiving. if that doesn't qualify for a chargeback i don't know what does. should i port number over then do chargeback? i am fkn livid. i need data for work, this is costing me money by the hour.

Dtmwerksshshs

per my original post, iphone xs.

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What phone are you using? It might not have all the bands that your nearest tower is sending on?

Dtmwerksshshs

3g has 1.75 up and 0.03 down lol.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Telus has good reception in most BC area

can you at least try changing the network to 3G, you should get reasonable speed like 15Mbps (not great, but better than what you get).  Just change it for experiment

Dtmwerksshshs

i drove about a block away and it was even worse. i need the data HERE though. this is absurd.

slusagm

it looks ok to me

but if you move away from your current spot, you get much better reception and better data speed?

Dtmwerksshshs

zoomed out map pm 2.JPG

rogers my old one was fine, below:seems similar....so i don't know why it would be way better
pm 3.JPG

Dtmwerksshshs

pm.JPGidk if that's good or bad. that's about where i am, assuming public mobile is using telus that's what i filtered for.

@Dtmwerksshshs , check out this tower map to see whether the low signal strength is justified.  Despite a mature network, there will always be areas that are not perfectly covered.  At home, I get between 1-2 bars and pretty slow data speeds because I live in a primarily low rise area of town where is not much options for increasing tower density.  

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=45.195843&lng=-77.833575&zoom=7&type=Roadm...

@Dtmwerksshshs wrote:

Did a speedtest and it's 2.4 down .09 up........i've restarted phone and my old sim is not in either. I have 1 bar. It's been about an hour so far. Sometimes I just flat out have no data. I'm in richmond, bc, where people said their coverage was fine. I saw one person say i need to wait 48 hours but other similar posts don't say the same thing.

The 48 hour amount of time before receiving full speeds advice is out of date.  The appropriate data speed is assigned to the account as soon as the plan is active.  When customers speak about speeds being good in a specific city, those are general statements. There will always been places where speeds and coverage will be better than other places.

Dtmwerksshshs

no my phone doesn't support 5g. i've moved around, issue is all around me within walking distance at least.

slusagm

not normal.

are you using 5G, change the network to 4G (or LTE) and it could be better

But if you are using 4G already, then try 5G Auto

and move around , maybe just slow at where you are

Dtmwerksshshs

Did a speedtest and it's 2.4 down .09 up........i've restarted phone and my old sim is not in either. I have 1 bar. It's been about an hour so far. Sometimes I just flat out have no data. I'm in richmond, bc (major city) where people said their coverage was fine. I saw one person say i need to wait 48 hours but other similar posts don't say the same thing. my previous plan was same 4g lte and new pm plan is 4g lte. iphone xs. this is actually unusable. i'm also at 1 bar consistently if that matters. my top right says lte so im not down to 3g either.

carrier is public mobile 58.0 so i think it's up to date...

do i bother contacting customer support?

Dtmwerksshshs

Yes i've been refreshing all day, and no email update. lol ok sure, i will continue to spam them in the hopes that the dude from india actually bothers to reply, even though there seems to be no oversight or repercussions for not replying, as long as they take my money.

HI @Dtmwerksshshs 

did you check your Community inbox?
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

if no reply , send them another message.  I bug agent a lot and they usually reply my initial message within an hour or two. And most my issue are sorted on the same day

Dtmwerksshshs

Yes i did that 13 hours ago. No reply. Again, I am at the whim of this company that refuses to help. I found this page though: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/does-anyone-here-file-a-complaint-against...

probably just doing to do that or do a chargeback and see if rogers will restore my plan. i hear i can actually talk to a customer agent there! what a novel concept.

slusagm

Dtmwerksshshs

lol everyone says talk to PM like it's the easiest thing ever. they greyed out the submit ticket option, and i already sent a pm to their customer support thing, which they haven't gotten back to me on. they sure have protected themselves from doing any work. no i'm not going to buy more stuff. they can't even get this right. ask pm to reimburse me? i can't even get them to talk to me. what a joke.

slusagm

then you need to check with PM.

But you said you are using esim? any alternative way is to buy a new esim first, and ask PM to reimburse you

can you login to the App? if you can , buy from the Account page

Dtmwerksshshs

Nope!

slusagm

is your voice calll working?

Dtmwerksshshs

So its been 13 hours or so without data and pm has yet to get back to me. Am I just at the whim of when they decide i'll be able to use their service?

Need Help? Let's chat.