cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The app is not available

Emma26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I bought a SIM card and tried downloading your app, but it said, "This app is not available in your region." I am originally from Japan, where I got this iPhone. But I am in Alberta, Canada, and have already changed my l region to Canada. 

Can you provide any other way for me to get the app, or is it possible to use your service without it?

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

Emma26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone!

My region of Apple ID was still Japan. I’m going to change it and hope it will work.

@DennyCrane  You don't need to put the sim in the alternate phone with the app when you are activating it.  You would just enter the sim number in the account and then it should work in the wanted phone. That's assuming physical sim which is what the OP has.  I think an esim on someone else's phone would be a bit risky.

I thought so, but if not please let me know for certain so that I can provide correct information to our community. 

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@DennyCrane No you don't but if using esim have to be careful not to accidentally install it since it can only be used once

@Sansan Curious, do you need to put the sim in the same phone as the app?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

The app is needed for activation. If your phone does not allow to download the public mobile app,  you can ask a friend who has the ability to download to do it for you using their phone.

Once the SIM card, physical SIM is received,  you put your PM SIM in that phone  with the app to complete the process. Once it's successfully done, they can delete the app and you can use the service online to manage your account moving forward. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Emma26 If you are staying in Canada lfor good, you have to change the region settings of your App Store

If not, you have to ask a friend to help you to download the PM app and help to activate (better to activate with physical sim or have to be very careful not to allow the app to install the eSIM on the friend's phone)

You can also activate using the browser, but you can only go as far as Step 3 (payment).  Once paid, open ticket with support and ask them to help finalize the rest of the step (I think you can only activate physical sim if you go this way))

To open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there         

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Emma26 - Ask a friend who has a phone that they bought within Canada to activate it.

There might be a chance that your Apple ID is set to Japan. Check it here, if it says that your Apple ID and iPhone are both set to Canada, then contact Apple Support.

Try website, but contact CS_Agent after step 3 that @softech provided.

https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage/section/information

It should say this in the region on the Apple ID. 

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 10.43.43 PM.png

And this in Settings > General > Language & Region on the iPhone

IMG_CBA92D56C106-1.jpeg

PM's app is unusually locked to North American Apple App Store.

Need Help? Let's chat.