cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not working

deviant112
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys,

I just recently ported over from Freedom, and everything looks good except i can't send/receive text msgs..

Thanks,

Josh

6 REPLIES 6

kennethhly
Hey guys. I am experiencing the same problem. Ported my number and everything is working fine except my texting. Can't receive nor send texts out. I've restarted my phone serveral times and no luck.

@Mary_M
I've sent you a PM with my information. Your assistance is greatly appreciated !!

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Awesome! Glad to hear it was all sorted out!

deviant112

Thanks guys, I guess I just had to wait because the texts started working the next morning. 

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NDesai wrote:

Log into your self-serve account verify that you have text included in your plan. How long ago did you ported over? Have you tried another texting app like textra on android devices?

I suspect this is the issue - the activation portal has a HUGE bug right now where even though you sign up for the right plan on activation, and it charges you for the plan you want, it doesn't actually give you the plan you signed up for.  Same thing happened to me last week moving my mom's account over.  Signed her up for the $120 plan, logged in to self service after activation and though she'd been charged $120 for the voice/text/data plan I'd signed up for, she was on a $76 voice-only plan and had $44 credit in her account. At least it had calling - many other people have reported being put on plans with no voice, text *or* data after activation.  

@deviant112 - log in to self service and have a look as @NDesai suggests, but I'm guessing that's what your problem is.  You'll need to contact a moderator to get it sorted out.  Send them your phone number/account number and they'll sort you out.  But be patient, as they're currently overwhelmed with a tremendous number of people trying to sign up for the awesome Freedom Mobile plan, and the buggy activation portal breaking everything. 😉

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try rebooting your phone and see if it helps. If that doesn't work try using the Freedom mobile sim and see it it still works for calls and SMS, which means the port did not complete.

Last step would be to send a private message to one of the mod here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

include as much detail as possible such as

your name, email, phone number, sim number, etc. plus a description of what happended so far.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Log into your self-serve account verify that you have text included in your plan. How long ago did you ported over? Have you tried another texting app like textra on android devices?

Need Help? Let's chat.