cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting taking a long time to go through and not receiving calls?

aowilkie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had people text me and it doesn't arrive until hours later, sometimes not at all. Is there any explanation for this? This doesn't happen between my friends when texting each other on other networks like bell/rogers, only with my phone which should be using the bell towers anyway where I live in Newfoundland.

Also my partner cannot reach me? Whenever she calls it goes straight to voicemail. I can reach her, but sometimes her calls do or don't go through.

Tbh I wanted to use public mobile as a good alternative to more expensive plans with other carriers, but my partner is 5 months pregnant and I can't really risk her not being able to reach me by phone or text randomly one day if there's an emergency. Any suggestions? 

5 REPLIES 5

@aowilkie 

The rest of the province has spotty reception but in St. John's it should be good, at least it is for everyone else.

is everybody else on public?

you can try the reset your network settings to see if that helps. if not your better off with a different company with volte(which uses LTE to enhance your phone signal/call quality. or lucky mobile. they have plans that match public

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

I don't think saving a few dollars is worth your families well being

aowilkie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

using a galaxy s7. Not using imessage. Number is not blocked, I'll reboot like you suggested. I live in St. John's which is the main city where everyone lives. The rest of the province has spotty reception but in St. John's it should be good, at least it is for everyone else.

Like previously asked are you using iMessage on an iPhone? Data off and when you are back on wifi your messages come through???

@aowilkie doesn't seem like Newfoundland has many towers. you can easily have low reception, causing the issues you are describing. public mobile uses only 3g for texts/calls. check the cell towers near your area

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

you are probably better off going with a provider with volte or lucky mobile(has wifi calling)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Some suggestions from one of the Oracles, Luddite.

You did not mention the make of phone, however this behaviour in an iPhone does occur when Do Not Disturb has been activated. Have you tried:

- turning Do Not Disturb On the OFF

- rebooting your phone

- asking someone to call putting *67 in front of your number to block their number in case your phone is blocking their number

- your SIM in a different phone

Are you using IMessage ?

Correct setup for messaging: Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive should show your phone # and Apple ID email.

Need Help? Let's chat.