cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting outside Canada

Cat62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have unlimited international texting. Can I text while I'm in Scotland?

5 REPLIES 5

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unlimited international texting means that you may text anyone in the world while you are in Canada. If you go outside Canada, then you would need roaming add-on.

As per the previous replies, it is probably less expensive to purchase a local SIM. If you search in Amazon, you’ll find SIMs for UK including Ireland. My aunt and uncle recently went on a tour and cruise and did this. The SIM had a preloaded 12gb and a local number for CAD$32. Not bad, eh? They had service immediately when they got there, so they could use Uber-like services and such, and they could text internationally too. 12gb of data was more than sufficient for the 3 weeks they were there.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could buy a local sim or Gigsky sim.  If you have wf-fi then you could use apps like Textnow, Whatsapp, or Fongo.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Cat62 wrote:

@Cat62  International texting means that you can send texts anywhere in the world while in Canada.

There is no pm service in Europe. Very cheap to get a SIM card over there and get a prepaid plan for your trip. Just Google it... as low as €5.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Cat62 wrote:

Nope..you can only send and recieve texts whilst you're in Canada.

Try the free TextNow app for free texts and calls to Canada...works good as long as you have a robust wifi signal.

Need Help? Let's chat.