cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting difficulties

mtordoff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently I have been unable to text anyone apart from a select group of people (I think the common thread may be that the people who I CAN sucessfully send and receive texts to and from have iphones). Everyone else, including numbers that, up until a week ago, I was texting on a daily basis cannot recieve or send texts to me. The text message shows up on one end as 'sent' but never reaches the other phone. I can still call those people, but cannot text them. What's going on?

5 REPLIES 5

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @mtordoff!

I took a look at your account and I noticed $120 plan was not properly set up so I fixed that for you 🙂 Could you reboot your phone? Apart from that, everything looks good on our end. If you're still having issues with your texts, send me a private message and I will look into it for you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@mtordoff Make sure your have SMS turned on. Don't have my phone handy but think it's: Settings >> Messaging >>> SMS toggle

Your messages are reaching iPhone users as iMessages, using data, not SMS.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You say recently, how long have you been with PM?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Definitely sounds like a problem with the port

smashthosepies
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey @mtordoff,

did you ever receive a text message from Public Mobile confirming a successful port? I was told that during the porting process, outgoing goes through more often than incoming.

I have read several sources that claimed the porting process takes between 10 minutes - 48 hours. However, due to the huge influx of new subscribers from the recent promo (me included), it seems that many are going through issues with their port (some have been stuck porting for weeks). If you never received that confirmation text, you should still be going through the porting process and would have to message a MOD (which could also take days).

P.S. this is just a hypothesis. I am a fellow subscriber like you 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.