cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message public mobile error 0

Corinaagal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone recently broke so I bought a Samsung galaxy A03s I inserted my Sim and I can call and receive calls I can receive texts but every text I send fails and says Public Mobile error 0 if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

13 REPLIES 13

Corinaagal

Thank you a mod refreshed my services and then it started working again!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Corinaagal 

When you tap the message centre what happens? Nothing? This is what I get when I tap it on my Samsung phone.

Screenshot_20220818-110340_Messages.jpg

Is your imput mode set to automatic? You can always reach out to Samsung support via chat or call their customer support line. 1 800 726 7864.

?

akkerala

Open the message settings and make sure the message centre number is +16475800172. Then restart the phone once and you should be able to send messages. Try sending a message to your own number from the same phone which would verify both sending/receiving at once.

@Corinaagal   how long you got this problem with outgoing text?

Since you have the same problem in different area, can't really blame it is local issue.  Try to open ticket with PM Support and see if they can find anything wrong:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Corinaagal

This is what I'm struggling with when I do those steps it doesn't allow me to click on the number to change it all it shows is +7 and is greyed out and not click able. I watched YouTube videos where people go and change there number but mine does nothing when I click on it 

Corinaagal

I tried Google message , samsung message and another app all 3 will not send my texts I tried in a different location and still nothing thank you for trying though!

HI@rfg   I think APN only affects data and mms, it should have no effect on voice and SMS

rfg

Make sure the APN settings match the suggested settings here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartphone...

If you had to make any changes, reboot and then try texting again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Corinaagal 

If you're unable to send any SMS (text) messages to any contacts, but your phone is otherwise perfectly functional, it suggests that your network operator's message center number stored in your device's settings is either missing or wrong. Follow these steps to check, and if necessary correct, that number.

1Switch to the Apps screen.

2Tap Messaging (you may need to swipe left or right to locate it first).

3Tap the 3-dot More key.

4Tap Settings.

5Tap More settings.

6Tap Text messages.

7Locate Message center. Directly beneath it should be the message center phone number of your network operator. (Check your network operator's website for their message center number to compare). If the number on your phone is different, or missing, tap Message center, enter your network operator's message center number and then tap SET. Then try sending a text message.

Public mobile's Message Centre # +16475800172

Corinaagal

Yeah it's super weird I have signal bars and yesterday I was in a completely different area and still wouldn't send I don't have another phone with me but have tried rebooting it and still nothing 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Corinaagal  and one more thing to text, download another messaging app, maybe Google Message, and try sending from the new messaging app. 

Again, you might want to try sending in another area to confirm if it is a network issue as well

carobass65

I think it has something to do with your phone settings

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Corinaagal 

Usually this error is about network issue instead of your device.  

But at least try to reboot your phone again and see.  

Also, do you have another phone around to text your PM Sim card

If not, try to send the text again in a different area from where you are now 

Need Help? Let's chat.