cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Add On

RtsunL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I purchased unlimited text add on but still cannot see or send text messages.

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

Yes you can @RtsunL see my answere above. Could you tell me which plan you are on. Thanks.

@RtsunL wrote:

No, im in Canada. So how can I receive texts if Im on the $20 unlimited talk plan?

Can i get a refund for US text add on?

@gblackma @RtsunL technically, there are no refunds at Public Mobile (as per the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you activated), as is the case with most/all pre-paid plans in Canada.  However, the moderator team understands that people occasionally misunderstand which add-on does what and purchase one incorrectly.  They will likely not refund the funds back to your credit card, but will instead likley give you an account credit for the amount (which will show in your Available Funds balance in your self-serve account).  They are under no obligation to do so, but if you ask politely and explain the confusion, they most likely will do so.

As others have mentioned, the only way to get texting in Canada with PM is to be on a plan which includes texting, which unfortunately yours does not. 

That's the bad news.  The good news is that all currently available in-market plans (except the single data-only plan) include unlimited texting, and you can see them here https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans.

As others have noted, the two closest to your current plan cost are the $15 plan and the $25 plan.  If you do a LOT of talking with your current unlimited minutes, then you would be better served by the $25 plan since it includes unlimited Canada-wide talk; if you do less talk, then the $15 plan could actually save you money, and you could as suggested use the $5/500 min add-on(s) to fill the airtime gap if any.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@kselmak wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@RtsunL  i agree with @popping  the $15 plan is your best bet. 

In addition to that buy a $500 minutes canada wide talk addons for $5 and your re laughing. the 500 minutes dont expire until used up.  and the $15 plan has unlimited incoming calls.   so for $20/month ($15 plan $5 addon) you will  upto 600mins outgoing unlimited incoming + sms and a little data.

@mimmo 

Where can i get $500 minutes for $5, sounds like pure profit, I'll get dozen:)

LOL, good catch!!! 🤣  I'll take some of those too!

@mimmo wrote:

In addition to that buy a $500 minutes canada wide talk addons for $5 and your re laughing. the 500 minutes dont expire until used up.  and the $15 plan has unlimited incoming calls.   so for $20/month ($15 plan $5 addon) you will  upto 600mins outgoing unlimited incoming + sms and a little data.

@mimmo 

Where can i get $500 minutes for $5, sounds like pure profit, I'll get dozen:)

Yes that is much better alternative to 20 plan in my opinion. I don't text but i picked that one over 20 (even before they offered $5 add-on), just more versatile. If you have voip/home phone and/or office phone you don't really need anything else (unless you need data)

mimmo

Edit if you decide to change plans future date the plan change

@RtsunL wrote:

No, im in Canada. So how can I receive texts if Im on the $20 unlimited talk plan?

You cab counteract moderators and ask them to refund you

Bio guarantees though, but thru are nice and probably will do it

You can reach them here https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ ask ' human' if Simon will not let you get to them

If you get 404 error you can reach them directly here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

How much talk do you use? 

Do you use smartphone?

If you go for $15 plan with autopay you will get small data which is more than enough to turn your plan into unlimited North America.

You wind need to install hangouts and set your number as caller id so that you can dial USA as Canada for free and it will appear as you are calling from your cell, if people call back they will call your cell where you have unlimited incoming minutes

Also buy 500 extra minutes for $5 for backup. 

@RtsunL Or the$25 plan. Unlimited calling in Canada, unlimited international text and up to 1 gb of data

popping

@RtsunL wrote:

You must have an old plan.

You can switch to the $15 plan with

- 100 outgoing minutes

- unlimited incoming minutes

- unlimited text

- 250MB data with auto pay.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

Yes you can @RtsunL see my answere above. Could you tell me which plan you are on. Thanks.

@RtsunL wrote:

RtsunL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@RtsunL Are you in Canada? There is no unlimited text addon. The only text add is a $8 U.S. 10 day roaming addon which will not work within Canada. If this is the case, I would contact a moderator and explain your situation. Ask them for a refund. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@RtsunL wrote:

Hi I purchased unlimited text add on but still cannot see or send text messages.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@RtsunL @ There is not unlimited text add on for Canada. You must have purchased the us add on. Are you in the us?

@RtsunL wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RtsunL wrote:

Gotta ask...are you in the states?

Did you add money and then buy the add-on?

Do you still see the amount you deposited in your Available Funds?

Need Help? Let's chat.