cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering is not working

Gorobmobile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Msg shown as "tethering function is not allowed. Please contact Telus." Can you help?
@Saray_O
50 REPLIES 50

Vivo5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

This the second day having this persistant same problem. Any helpe please.

Thanks

KuroKei
Using blackberry priv android.

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
What iPhone do you have? Or android?

@KuroKei wrote:
How do you change it? My APN page is greyed out.

Depending on the device, you might not be able to edit "built in" APNs.  Simply create a new one with a different name and you should be able to edit every entry.

KuroKei
How do you change it? My APN page is greyed out.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Good to know . Thanks. 🙂

jeffster1970

@Michael77 wrote:
I haven't had a chance to test this. Do you know if this is an issue for all PM customers?

I know when I tried to last night it wasn't working and I had to change my APN from:

isp.mb.com to sp.mb.com 

That fixed my issue.  In fact, I am using the hotspot right now, just to test it out. 

Michael77
I haven't had a chance to test this. Do you know if this is an issue for all PM customers?

KuroKei
I am experiencing the same issue since yesterday. I have not changed anything or do anything differently with my BlackBerry PRIV. Before, my iPad had been tethering just fine without issues. Suddenly it just stopped working. I also tried to tether on my friend's iPhone who is also on public mobile but it didn't work either. I then tried tethering to a Freedom Mobile connected phone and it worked.

Please help! @CS_Agent

Thank you.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey there @stonechuker, 

I'm sorry to hear that, I will send you a private message in a few minutes!

I'm also experiencing no ability receive data via tethering to my Android device.  nexus 5 Hammerhead.  Had no problems on the weekend, today I can not receive data on my thethered iPadAir.

@CS_Agent

jeffster1970

@Gorobmobile wrote:
Msg shown as "tethering function is not allowed. Please contact Telus." Can you help?
@Saray_O

Weird...

Anyway, I had issues with my iPhone too.

Do this: Settings-->Cellular-->Cellular Data Option-->Cellular Data Network-->APN sp.mb.com

This should do the trick. 

@skmkenn wrote:

After tinkering with the APN settings a bit I have working tethering. Navigate to your Access Point Names list, select "Tethered Mobile Internet". APN is the default isp.mb.com, and change the APN Type from the default (DUN) to Internet + DUN

Hope this works for those of you who are having troubles with getting tethering to work.

I always include dun in the APN type whether it is needed or not.  It doesn't hurt to have it.  isp.mb.com results in no data for the phone, never mind tethering.  I get an exclamation mark in the signal meter.  I give up, let them do the investigation and fix whatever broke.

skmkenn

After tinkering with the APN settings a bit I have working tethering. Navigate to your Access Point Names list, select "Tethered Mobile Internet". APN is the default isp.mb.com, and change the APN Type from the default (DUN) to Internet + DUN

Hope this works for those of you who are having troubles with getting tethering to work.

sakesake

I'm on iphone, also having tethering problems.  Glad I'm not alone in this.  I'll keep my eyes on this thread.

koimr1

Yeah from all the other posts it's looking like this is on PM's end. I'm sure they will sort it quickly. 🙂

MarcCote

Same here, tethering stopped working for me today (it was working fine 1.5 weeks ago). Maybe it is unrelated but my plan just got renewed. I'm using Android and I didn't modify the APN (still using sp.mb.com).

@Saray_O

koimr1

I tethered my car's Android head unit to my phone without any problems earlier today.

What does your APN say? Make sure it's sp.mb.com and not isp.mb.com, I see some other posts with tethering issues and this seemed to sort it for at least one person.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Some user are experiencing this problem on iOS and Android devices. But a few including myself are having no problems. However, we have reached out to PM, and they are investigating. 

Gorobmobile
Using iPhone, tried to tethering in a laptop.
Need Help? Let's chat.