cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terms and Condition for $25 Plan

UnhappySoFar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Where can I find the Terms and Conditions for my @25 plan.

When I check on the web site it says: "The stated benchmark for wireless affordability was released by the Liberal Party on Liberal.ca. Public Mobile does not affiliate with nor endorse any political Party" which is obviously incorrect.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@UnhappySoFar wrote:

Where in the T&C does it state whether any balance at the end of a billing cycles is carried-over to the next billing cycle, or it is forfeited. 

Service Terms between You and Public Mobile
   What are the Public Mobile Service Terms?
      How does Public Mobile prepaid service work?
         With prepaid service, you purchase service credits in advance. You can apply your credits to pay for a rate plan, and then you can add voice or data add-ons if you have enough credits.
         Prepaid service credits are valid for as long as you have a rate plan active on the account. Rate plans expire every thirty days unless they are renewed.

The last bit is your answer. It's an interesting nitty gritty down to the details legal interpretation kinda thing. The key phrase there is "unless they are renewed". Wellll...we renew...so where's the service credit we paid for?

Interesting.

We all know it's a 30 day plan. But we also renew. Hmmm

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@UnhappySoFar I'm not legally authorized to speak for anyone but myself, but the link that @sunflowershine provided is the only level of detail you're going to get from Public Mobile about your plan.  I'm not sure what balances you're speaking of, but anything provided within your plan that is not used by the time your plan renews for the next 30 days cycle is lost; there is no roll-over of anything within your (or any other) plan.  

Any add-on(s) you may purchase over and above your plan work differently, and are not tied in any way to your plan's 30 day cycles.  There are two varieties:

If they are US Roaming add-ons, they are active for exactly 10 days or until the provided amount of service stated (e.g. MB of data) are used (whichever comes first), and do not roll beyond the 10 days if not utilized. 

Any other (non-US roaming) add-on(s) remain on your account until they are used up (aka they do roll over), or your account becomes deactivated after 90 days of suspension, or you port your number out (which closes your account here).

Hopefully that helps clear up Public Mobile's responsibilities.  Yours are to ensure your next cycle gets paid for in time, or your service will be suspended until such time as you add the required funds to complete the payment for the next 30 days.

EDIT: corrected a few typos and added clarity to the end of US roaming add-ons

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

UnhappySoFar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Terms and Conditions are the rights and responsibilities of anyone using the service.  I'm looking for the details of the contract/agreement that I entered in to by signing up for the service.

For example, I receive 500MB + 500MB of data usage per month.  Where in the T&C does it state whether any balance at the end of a billing cycles is carried-over to the next billing cycle, or it is forfeited.  I'm not wanting hearsay or an opinion from someone that is not legally authorized to speak on behalf of the company (no disrespect for moderators here).

In the case of a disagreement between what I am being provided vs. what I am and expecting, the terms and conditions would provide clarity on company's obligations and commitments.

public1125
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@UnhappySoFar 

Are you upset about the claim that it meets the current Liberal governments criteria?  Public does have relatively inexpensive plans and are lower than the benchmark used for calculations for this government proposal (to reduce Canadian's cell phone bills).  

You can read more about the claims and the government directive here

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/02/18/telus-flanker-brands-claim-to-exceed-liberal-wireless-affordabili...

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Very happy with PM

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @UnhappySoFar ,

Actually @Anonymous nailed it. Look at his post.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@UnhappySoFar 

More details:

esjliv_0-1595635963449.png

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@UnhappySoFar what is the problem with the plan? Thanks. Stay safe. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@UnhappySoFar wrote:

When I check on the web site it says: "The stated benchmark for wireless affordability was released by the Liberal Party on Liberal.ca. Public Mobile does not affiliate with nor endorse any political Party" which is obviously incorrect.

Hi @UnhappySoFar ,

I understand you are looking fo the Terms and Conditions.

This is posted:

esjliv_0-1595635762215.png

But, what exactly are you looking for? It is a prepaid service, so you pay $25 today and have the service for 30 days. Then renew going forward.

There are help articles available for you:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles

But is there something specific you are looking for?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

If you are looking for more info on Wireless Affordability Stamp, follow the link: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/affordable-plans-just-right-for-you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@UnhappySoFar wrote:

How is that "obviously incorrect"?

serviceterms.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.